Jimin's toxic relationship (1/2) || 11

××××

Jungkook sighed deeply, letting his frustration out as he saw his little sister asleep on the couch with her birthday hat on her head. Aera's feet were hanging lazily from the couch and upper body leaning to the side. She was still wearing the baby pink dress that went down almost till her knees; she had seen it in the mall last week when she went there with Jungkook, since her birthday was nearing, he bought it. But it ached him to see her not being able to cut her birthday cake and fall asleep like that after being tired of waiting for their eldest brother.

Jungkook stood up and carefully took off Aera's hat. She had a whole discussion with Jungkook about the birthday hat having a unicorn or some Disney character. He gently patted her waist when she stirred in her place and headed upstairs to their room, carrying the little girl in his arms.

12:56 am.

Jungkook didn't know who he should be mad at, his hyung or himself. Maybe he could've avoided all this if he didn't give in with Aera's wish to wait for Jimin to arrive. But he wanted to celebrate his princess's birthday together with family. What's the result now? She didn't get to cut the cake at all, which she was excited for. Jimin didn't show up yet. But he said he would, by 7.

Jungkook shook Aera lightly, "Baby, let's get changed before sleeping okay?"

"Mmm no" She mumbled and turned away which didn't last long as she remembered it was her birthday, "My cake?"

Jungkook smiled softly and nodded, "It's in the fridge, you can eat it tomorrow. C'mon now, change your clothes."

"Where's Jimin Oppa?"

The brother looked down, trying to find the words to tell Aera, so that he could avoid hurting her with the sad news. After a few seconds he finally spoke, "He called me and said sorry for not coming on time. He got caught up with some urgent work. But he'll be here tomorrow..." He said mentally hoping for some miracle to happen and his lie would turn true.

"Oh okay" Aera said in a small voice, nodding her head subtly.

"He's busy y'know, work sometimes-"

"Yeah I know" She nodded and turned to face Jungkook properly. He sat down beside her and leaned down, planting a long kiss on her forehead.

"Happy birthday Angel." He said, "Don't be sad about anything. We'll have a great time tomorrow, I promise." He smiled at his sister. It was a promise to her, however it meant more to himself. He wasn't letting tommorow get ruined because of some stupid little thing, well unless it was Jimin. As much as Jungkook wanted Jimin to be here and think straight, the boy knew his brother was blinded by love right now.

Aera nodded and snuggled closer to Jungkook, he chuckled and pulled away playfully. "You have to change first."

"No" She said, "Let's sleep first."

"What you're wearing doesn't look really comfortable to sleep in."

"But I don't wanna get up."

Jungkook shook his head and pulled her up, she whined a bit as he unzipped the dress from the back and gave her her PJs. With a small pout, Aera got changed and laid back on the bed waiting for Jungkook to come as well.

NEXT MORNING-

"Ri..." Jungkook grumbled, turning on the bed. A crease formed between his brows as his hands roamed on the empty side finding her there. He opened his eyes and looked around the room, but there was no sign of her. He brushed his hair back and stretched his body, dragging himself out of the bed.