Forever is a Lie (4/4) || 24

•••

•••

jungkook's steps speed up on locating haewon sitting on the bench in the hallway while jake and clay are standing nearby, as clay offers her some water. jungkook makes his way closer, raking a hand through his hair and nods subtly when the boys notice his presence, giving him subtle smiles.

"noona," haewon looks up at the voice, standing up quickly and steps forward, giving jungkook a hug right away, making him a bit a hesitant of fear for he remembers haewon's concerned voice telling him that kevin has got into an accident and aera's in a bad condition. he wraps his arm around her, glancing at the younger males with a questioning look.

"kevin's in icu," clay says.

"and aera? how is she?"

haewon pulls away, looking at jungkook with glassy eyes, "he cheated on her," she hushes out, massaging her temples, "she looked so hurt, jungkook. so broken... i can't even imagine what— what she must be going through. all this just happened in one day. she was drinking when she came to know about the accident," haewon says, looking down and jungkook's brows pinch together, expression instantly twisting into a worried one.

"he did— he cheated on... how do you know that?" he asks in a shaky voice.

"she told us," haewon admits, "she came to know just yesterday, and he got into an accident at night,"

"is that why they fought?" jake frowns, grasping his hair in frustration as he turns to his friend, "i should've gone to him right then! he wouldn't have gotten into an accident and i could've shown him how much he fucked up," he grits out, getting a sigh from clay as he mutters to him to stay quiet.

jungkook closes his eyes, taking a deep breath before he asks them where aera is. haewon leads him inside the room where they see aera sleeping now, while jimin is slowly getting up, resting her head on the pillow instead of his lap. jungkook doesn't stop himself from going near the bed, his eyes moving from his sister's sleeping figure to the elder brother. "is she okay?" jungkook asks in a soft voice, "i heard about what kev... kevin," he glances at aera, shaking his head, nibbling on his lip as he leans closer to her to stroke her hair gently, "good for him he's already hurt and admitted here. or else i'd have to do it," he mutters in anger, "he doesn't get to hurt my aera,"

jimin looks down, nodding his head subtly as aera's words replay in his head and he pats jungkook's arm, gesturing for him to come outside. jungkook follows the elder, closing the door behind him and watches jimin struggle for a while, "what is it?" he asks jimin.

"uhm nothing," jimin shakes his head, glancing at his wife as though virtual asking if what he was doing is right. but haewon looks just as unsure as him, yet she gives a subtle nod and that's enough for jimin to know that it would be better for jungkook to not know what aera thinks of him right now. "i didn't know you'd make it so soon,"