Chapter 3 - Xander and Calixta

"Hey, Xander, look how pretty that is!'

"My name is Mycroft, not Xander," your eldest brother warns, typing away at his phone.

"Technically your name is Alexander, Mycroft is your middle name," you banter back. "Alexander Mycroft Chad Holmes,"

"And you're Y/n Calixta Enola Holmes, but I'm not teasing you about choosing a boring name like Y/n to go by,"

"I'm sorry but I don't need to choose the name to fit my inner sociopath,"

Mycroft smacks the back of your legs with his umbrella making you scowl, "I am not a Sociopath, our idiot brother is, I simply could care less about petty goldfish things,"

"Boohoo," a raspberry was blown at him before you look at the shoes again.

"Why do you go for those? You should go for something more formal," Mycroft lifts his gaze form his phone and points to the ugly leather shoes.

"Because I am neither 65 nor going to one of your boring meetings where you resume your duties as the Queen of England,"

Mycroft followed you into the store as you found the right sized and exact pair, ignoring your remark. "They are more atrocious up close,"

"Exactly what I think of you but you see my mouth zipped shut, don't you, brother mine?" Fitting them on, they felt like clouds and were lighter than a feather, but enough weight to keep you steady. "Damn," you scoff at the price; £242.

"Thank heavens, may we go?" He scattered out the door as you thanked the shopkeeper and left.

"For a Brother-sister shopping trip, this is lacking in the shopping part," you sling your coat on and tighten the straps.

"Well, I apologize for you being too broke to afford such ghastly items, yet I thank my luck sometimes,"

"I'm sorry I don't make how many millions you do everyday, and besides, I'm happy with my job,"

"A librarian is boring, Y/n, and the pay isn't good,"

"I make enough for rent, help support Sherly when he acts like a brat and still have enough to treat myself, even if I can't buy expensive designer umbrellas,"

Mycroft snatches away his umbrella before you could prod at it. "You're very smart, Y/n, two masters, you should go for a Doctorate, become a professor,"

"Doing my High school diploma, Bachelors, and two masters is enough schooling for me, Xander, besides, mum and dad have paid enough of my tuition and I don't want to pay for another degree or disappoint people when I don't get it,"

Your older brother held back a sigh of guilt, looking around and seeing an ice cream parlor. "How about (favourite ice cream flavour) Ice cream? I'll pay-"

"Best big brother ever!" Dragging him off, Moriarty's eyes and ears texted their boss quickly.

~~~

"Y/n Calixta Enola Holmes... Does every Holmes need two middle names??" Moriarty shuts his laptop and roll his neck, the tension cracking and letting a pop fill the silence. He groans and runs a hand through his slicked hair.

He loosened his tie, frustration from lack of both contact and knowledge on you swarming his head like the plague. All he knew was your name, where you lived and... well, your immediate family.

Something, anything, he needed to talk to you! He was getting bored with Sherlock ignoring him and his crimes, Mycroft was no fun and normal people were tedious to deal with.

Rereading the messages he received along with pictures from both CCTV and subtle phones, he saw your interest in those boots. "Sebastian!"

"Yes, Boss?" The sniper rushed in as if he was always in the room, or rather waiting like a puppy ready to comply right outside Jim's study.

"Buy these heeled boots, black and wrap it in the most gorgeous box you can find,"

"A new muse?"

"A little toy to play with until her big brothers make their move," Moriarty took out his letter set and started to write a letter as Moran waited patiently.

"She is quite gorgeous," Seb hums, spotting the open photo of you on Moriarty's phone.

"Find your own target, Sebastian," Moriarty growls, sealing the letter with his wax seal and handing it to Seb. "I want that note attached to the box and it will be sent straight to 221B, no excuses-"

"And you don't want me to be seen,"

"Precautions are key, Tiger," Moriarty caps his custom made Montblanc fountain pen, letting it rest in it's case before he continued to look at the footage. "I'm so close to figuring you out, my dear, just you wait until we meet," his grin widened menacingly.

"I'll have your wrapped tightly around my finger,"

~~~

Hm Idk why all these chapters are short but ah well

And  I felt nice and wanted to give you guys two chapters today :)

- Anna ❤️