Chapter 13 - Ignoring

A month? It may have just been two weeks but there was not a single word from Moriarty. After the first week you started to look around the flat frantically for some sort of sign of him.

Something.

Alas, nothing. No camera, microphone, note, clue, nothing.

This frustrated you but you didn't let it show. If Sherlock found out you were seeking Moriarty out he would report it to Mycroft and they would both pull a Rapunzel, locking you in some secret prison on an island in the middle of nowhere.

The prison would be called something stupid like Sherrinford or whatever.

The camera across the flat was never active, the red light off like the power was cut.

You didn't know his number because Sherlock rid the letter with it from existence, nor address—the phone number he called with was erased from the flat's phone. Sherlock refused to talk about him. John was no different to Greg who followed Sherlock and Mycroft's orders like the stupid little mindless gold fish they were.

Was that a little aggressive? Yes, because this was aggravating you.

"YOU STUPID STUPID STUPID BASTARD!" Slamming a beaker onto the microwave there was a creak behind you after a silence, the shattered glass neck now held up. "Jim,"

He lowered the object and tilted his head. "Don't be so mean, the microwave can only take so much abuse from your brother's horrible experiments,"

"Yeah, well this is a new one I said no experiments were to be used on, I'm going to end him," letting the glass drop on the ground, you nudge past Jim and slump on the couch.

"Why so glum, N/n?"

"Don't call me that," you hiss, pushing files off the table and curling onto the couch.

"Your brother was a much better host when I came over,"

"Well, apparently my brothers are much better than me in general,"

This made him stop his lingering gaze and look to you. "Jealous?"

"Angry,"

"Why so, sweetheart?"

"Fuck off, don't call me sweetheart," Jim suddenly pulled you to face up, his fingers holding your chin. "Let go," the grit in your teeth ushered a tense silence.

"Tell me what's wrong," that demanding tone made you weak to your knees, if you had been standing he would have caught you in a cliche manner, or let you fall, there was no knowing with Moriarty.

"Why did you ignore me for two weeks?"

"Ignore you?" Moriarty's eyebrows furrowed, but internally he was grinning madly. He had you wrapped around his finger at last! The fun was just starting to begin and you were losing rapidly.

"No cameras, no notes, letters, texts, calls, no nothing! The boys refuse to tell me shit so now I'm left to wonder why the fuck you give me all this attention then remove it all! It's the simplest form of manipulation, it disappoints me,"

Jim raises a brow at the frown on your face, his thumb on the edge of your lips he tipped your face from side to side. "Why would I manipulate you?"

"Because you're a psycho who gets high off messing with ordinary people like they're your little lab rats,"

"And you think you're a lab rat? Don't degrade yourself to the title of ordinary, Y/n,"

"Don't lie to me, I'm not in the mood to deal with your petty bullshit-" you were hoisted up to flush against him.

"The last thing I am is petty," the snarl in his voice made every inch of your skin bump up, hairs sticking up along your arms and down your neck. "Understand?"

"Y-Yes, sir," you whisper out in fear, but there was a flicker in his eyes which spoke something else. Something you could quite put a finger on.

"Your brother is getting out the cab, thinking everything is fine," he leaned closer to your lips only to shift to your ear. "Be a good girl and play along,"

His hand curled around your neck and applied pressure which made you gasp, holding back any mewl other than one of a fake pain. A sharp blade was pressed against the thin fabric of your shirt as Moriarty eyed you with a new curiosity at your anything but scared reaction.

"S-Sherlock!" You yell out in character, grabbing Moriarty's hands and clawing lightly, the knife pressing more. Air left your nose in a heavy huff then a sharp intake.

"Y/n?!" Sherlock stopped dead in his tracks with John right behind. "Let her go!"

"Why? I was just starting to have fun!~"

"P-Please," you whimper out, eyeing Moriarty in a way which said everything was okay.

"Because you asked so nicely," he threw you back, your body hitting the ground with a thud and your groan genuine.

John dragged you away to his side as Moriarty circled Sherlock, snipers landing their glowed dots along all three of you. Coughing up in character, curious to what this was all about, Moriarty walked right passed as Sherlock stood conflicted for you and John's safety.

"Change your locks as much as you want but... it would just be a waste of time and money," Jim walked down the steps without giving a glance to any of you, his hand slamming the door shut and slipping into his sleek car.

The moment he drove off, the snipers retreating, you were bombarded with questions. The usual are you okay routine.

"I'm fine, I'm fine," you whisper, drinking the glass of water John handed you. "I'm fine,"

"How did he get in?"

"I don't know... I was just trying to use the microwave, which by the way I need to talk to you about, and then... I ran for the couch and, well, that happened,"

"What did you say?"

"Something about him being petty and then he just grabbed me,"

Sherlock nods; the one thing about growing up with Sherlock and Mycroft is you became exceedingly good at lying to them; only at certain times. Once you could lie to these two you could get away with murder if you wanted.

"Alright," he lays a blanket on you and stood up. "Alright,"

~~~

:)

- Anna ❤️