Chapter 4

I woke up the next morning with a slight groan having a terrible headache and for the first time ever, I hated my alarm clock for not waking me up.

Bryce didn't stay the whole night, and I really don't know when he left.

It was already nine o'clock in the morning, so i was already super late, panicking will make no difference, so, I quickly had my bath, wore a black geans and put on a matching big black hoodie, not that I want to look depressed but i need an excuse to enter the school premises with no hardship, with my tired face they could guess I'm sick.

"Mum!" I called out as I went downstairs

"Why didn't you wake me up I'm.....
"Dad?...." I paused as I saw my dad calmly drinking his cup of coffee with newspaper held on his other hand.

I missed this moment

"Dad, aren't you late for work?" I asked as I kissed him on the cheek

"Goodmorning to you too sweetie" he replied as he kissed and hugged me back

"I couldn't be absent for my daughter's first heartbreak" he replied picking up his car keys from the table.

"I'm taking you to school today"

Wayy to go Dad

Do I really look miserable?

Sigh*

"Anyways dad, I'm glad you're here" I said heading towards the car.

"You don't have to go to school Sasha" my mum said "just stay here and fully recover from everything"

"Mum you guys are making a big deal out of this, it's not like I'm sick or something, I'm not even feeling that down just slept late last night" I tried to explain.

Because in a way I feel better, now i don't have to feel burdened about expressing my feelings for him but though i regret not telling him sooner, I'm glad it's all cleared up.

******

I tried to walk down the halls unnoticed as everyone was already in their classrooms. When I peeped at the window of my class, I instantly loosed interest at the sight of Henry and Veronica together, I could see the awkwardness it brought between them.

I feel so bad for them, because of my stupid feelings I'm ruining my own bestfriend relationship.

I needed to fix things up so I need to think of a way fast.

I couldn't see Bryce in class or anywhere but I knew were he would be given the time. So i went to look for him to keep him company.

******
As I walked past the gym at the other side of the school up to the last floor I could see his broad back facing me.
He was alone drinking a bottle of beer. I planned on scaring him but given the way he looked I couldn't do that, so I went close to him and touched his left shoulder and man he was so scared.

"Why are you not in class? And how did you know I'll be here?" He said after jumping up in fright.

I mean, why didn't I carry on my plan on fully scaring him.

"I am already one hour late so, I've missed most part of the lecture" I answered taking a sip of his drink.

"And I've been your friend for years of course I know your secret hideouts"

"Sorry I didn't wake you up, i didn't want you to come to school today, you know, after last night" he said giving me that almost sympathetic look.

"I'm getting tired of everyone's pity today seriously, this is not the first time Henry has gotten into a relationship" I mumbled

"The only thing that got me worked up was that this time I really wanted to tell him how I felt and i got rejected even without telling him, but I really want to move on and act like everything's alright"