Héctor

An announcer speaks on a Mic as we walk through the land of the dead. "Paging Marta Gonzalez Ramos... Marta Gonzalez Ramos... Please report to level seven. " 3 skeleton women gasp at the sight of Miguel and I..

I look around unease of my new surroundings. When Oscar or Felipe looks at my face closely. Making me even more worry. "I miss my nose." He said rubbing the hole where his nose would be.

We enter a building that reminded me of a police station or maybe a bank. "Come on, help us out, amigo. We gotta get to a dozen ofrendas tonight." A man skeleton said.

"We are not visiting your ex-wife, Stanley, por Da de Muertos." A women skeleton said to her husband. We start walking towards a woman with a purple dress. "I demand to speak to the person in charge!" She said to another lady sketeon in a blue uniform. "I'm sorry, señorita, it says here no one put up your photo." She told the women.

"My family always, always put my photo up in the ofrenda!" The crazy lady take her boot off and bash it at the computer. "That devil box tells you nothing but lies!"

Juilo approaches the women. "Mama Imelda?" She turns around to hit him with her boot but stops herself when she saw it was Julio. "Oh, mi familia. They wouldn't let me cross the bridge. Tell this woman and her devil box that my photo is in the ofrenda." She beg her family.

"Well, w-we never made it to the ofrenda." Julio told her. "What?" "We ran into a... um..." the family force Miguel and I to the front to show Imelda. Imelda gasp. "Miguel?"

Miguel eyes widen. "Mama Imelda." Imelda place her hands on her hips. "What is going on?" A clerk steps out of his office. "You the Rivera family?" The computer explode.

We go into his office. To find out why Miguel and I are in the land of the dead. "Well, you're both cursed." The clerk told us from his desk. "What?"

"Da de los Muertos is a night to give to the dead. You stole from the dead." The clerk told Miguel. "But I wasn't sealing the guitar. Guitar? It was my great-great-grandfather's. He would have wanted me to have it."

"Ah-ah-ah! We do not speak of that musician. He is dead to this family." Imelda told her great-great-grandson. "Uh, you're all dead." I told her.

"Achoo" the clerk sneeze when Dante try to take his donut. "I am sorry, uh, who's alebrije is that?" He ask as Dante continuee to try to get the donut in his mouth.

"That's Dante." I told him. "He sure doesn't look like an alebrije." One of the twins said. "He just looks like a plain old dog." The other said. "Or a sausage someone dropped in a barbershop."

"Whatever he is, I am- achoo! terribly allergic." The clerk told us as I pull Dante off his desk. The clerk takes some tape to tap his glass to his face. "But Dante doesn't have any hair." Miguel told him. "And I don't have a nose and yet here we are. Achoo!"

"The only thing I don't understand is why I'm here. I didn't take anything from the dead." I told the clerk. "Yeah, if anything (Name) was trying to stop me." Miguel told the clerk.

"Were you in the room when he took the guitar?" The clerk ask us, making us look at each other. "Never a good idea to be at a scene of a crime, chamaco."

"But none of this explains why I couldn't cross over. Imelda said making Miguel chuckle nervously. He take out the photo and shows it to her. Imelda gasp at the picture. "You took my photo off the ofrenda?!" "It was an accident." Miguel told her. Imelda walks up to the desk. "How do we send them back?"

"Well, since it's a family matter... The way to undo a family curse is to get your family's blessing." The clerk told her. "That's it?" Miguel and I ask.