The Non-Existent Value

Since I can remember, entrepreneurship has fascinated me like no other trade. I gobbled up all the entrepreneurial news from Fedium, I followed all the big shots, and some not so big shots on Twitter, and make sure I at least went through all the major headlines at DickCrunch. I don't do that anymore. Not since Facr got a face of it's own.

There you are again, monologuing. What did I tell you about monologuing? Oh and while we are at it, you need a better name than Facr man. It sucks ass.

I hired a designer for a face-lift of our current website, and a content agency to sprinkle it with words like AI, and positive cloud computing. We worked for about 3 months, and after I had spent almost my last penny, and emptied my favor-bank, it happened.

You are getting late for your meeting with the CXO at Orange.
Yea yea. I'll be right there. Let me at least tell them how it happened.

So that was about a year ago, and now all big shots are trying to buy Facr (Still needs a better name). Last week, Probes put Facr in the top 10 startups to look out for. I was sitting on a piece of technology without a real-life fit, everyone wanted a piece off. Valued at 35 crores (that's about $4 Million) without a product. I had met with folks from Froogle, Amazin, Blamebook, you name it.

I was still almost bankrupt, but had possession of something clearly valuable.

The valuation was a scam. They just want to use your technology as a marketing gimmick. Well, that's better than it lying dormant.

I was making some money however. I was speaking at conferences, hoping for useful swag, and writing for all these blogs. The recipe was simple. Sell your soul, and move on. I made sure my seventy one thousand followers on Twitter knew how simple that was. I wrote on Top 10 Tips for being successful, Top 10 tips on how to be more productive, and Top 10 tips on how to avoid clickbaits. And best of all, people were reading it.

I love being an entrepreneur. It's the best job in the world. And I love being a Bangalore-entrepreneur. I love the whole process. Thinking; Conceptualizing; hiring; growing. Figuring out, how to sell an idea that doesn't work.

The idea was the easy part, the execution, well that's what will suck you dry.