𝟎𝟏ㅤ 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒂 𝒌𝒊𝒍𝒍𝒋𝒐𝒚

01
WHAT A KILLJOY !

01 WHAT A KILLJOY !

❛. . . innocence 𝒅𝒊𝒆𝒅 screaming,
honey ask me 𝒊 𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 know. ༉‧₊

 ༉‧₊

The dark of the night was punctuated with the bright headlights of a Lamborghini Veneno.

The engine of the vehicle still roared, disrupting the deafening silence of the night, as a silhouetted figure remained seated in the passenger seat — while another stood at the head of the vehicle, his towering frame being illuminated by the bright headlights of the car.

"It's been long, Detective." His lips formed a twisted smile as he squatted down on the road, observing the man ahead of him with piqued curiosity.

Hyungsik looked on, as he was engulfed by an emotional amalgamation of curiosity and dread. His lips were sealed — and quite literally so. His abductor had fastened his lips shut with a piece of duct tape, ergo the only sounds that came out of Hyungsik's mouth were faint grunts and cries.

The abductor took in the pitiful condition of the man in front of his eyes. His hands were fastened with a rope, while his mouth was secured shut with tape. Nevertheless, he could still hear the vague grunts of the detective in front of his eyes, causing his lips to curve up in a satisfied smirk.

Carefully, the silhouetted man extended his hand and removed the piece of duct tape from Min Hyungsik's mouth.

Before he could withdraw his hand, he felt a sharp pain at the side of his palm and that's when he noticed Hyungsik sink his sharp teeth into his palm.

Hastily, the abductor withdrew his hand, hissing at the pain as he took a look at his hand.

"Tsk, what a killjoy." He muttered under his breath, clicking his tongue in annoyance as Hyungsik felt the man shoot daggers at him with his piercing gaze.

"We can talk this out." Hyungsik stuttered over his words, failing to maintain a calm composure.

The abductor fell silent, looking at Hyungsik for a few beats before he broke into a fit of manic-like laughter.

"T-talk? You wanna talk, Detective?" He managed to string out in the middle of his laughing outburst.

"You didn't wait for even a minute to talk before you drilled five fatal wounds into a man's body, Detective dearest." The silhouetted figure mocked before pulling out a gun.

"Stop, please. You really don't have to. Please."

"Oh my! Am I dreaming or is the Detective Min Hyungsik begging me for mercy?"

Hyungsik hung his head low, gritting his teeth in anger and frustration. This man knew how to taunt him just enough to blow his fuse. "Yes. Yes I'm begging you for mercy. Please let me go."

The silhouetted man smirked as he stood up on his feet and started backing away from Min Hyungsik, still facing the tied-down man.

"Okay, Detective. I forgive you." He smiled, looking into the eyes of his hostage and instantly, he saw a wave of relief and ease fill up the eyes of the detective.

"Good uh, if you could just untie me now so—"

Bang.

Hyungsik paused mid-sentence, eyes widening as he looked down to see blood gushing out of his chest.

He had shot Hyungsik.

"You're a psychopath." Hyungsik scoffed in disbelief, feeling short of breath as the gunshot wound assumed it's function.

The abductor simply shrugged his shoulders, smile widening as he heard those words.

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." He mockingly pouted as he quoted Holmes.

Hyungsik stood motionless for a few beats, registering the words of his potential murderer.

"What?" The abductor scoffed, nonchalantly shrugging his shoulders. "Let me tell you one thing, detective. You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style."

Hyungsik still wasn't sure exactly what kind of a person he was dealing with. But he was certain of one thing. This man was out of his mind with anger and his obsession with revenge. And Hyungsik was surprised how he had failed to notice this before it was too late.

Seeing the young male distracted enough, Hyungsik took this as his opportunity to run away.

The abductor scoffed as he noticed the detective try to make an escape and cocked his gun, pointing at the now-running man.

Hyungsik ran in a zig-zag manner in his best attempt to dodge the bullets, panting harshly as he kept on bleeding from his previous wound.

The abductor narrowed his eyes at the detective before resorting to firing.

Bang.

Bang.

Bang.

Bang.

Four more gunshots went off in the quiet of the night as Detective Min Hyungsik finally fell to the road, succumbing to his injuries.

The silhouetted man took slow strides upto the detective, savoring the satisfaction of the moment.

He had spent countless sleepless nights, tossing and turning, waiting patiently for this exact moment.

As he approached the detective, he observed him lying on the ground, barely breathing as he fought to keep his eyes open, still staring wide-eyed at his executioner.

"One thing that you should know about me detective — " The silhouetted figure mumbled as he squatted on his knees, harshly running down the cold metal of his gun over the dying man's face, "I never miss."

. . . i slithered here from 𝒆𝒅𝒆𝒏,
just to sit 𝒐𝒖𝒕𝒔𝒊𝒅𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 door.❜ ༉‧₊