Chapter 1

Shane's pov:

''Mom do I have to go?!'' I asked moaning in almost defeat, furrowing my eyebrows.

''Yes you do Shane Lee!'' My Mom said acting like it was only yesterday I got expelled from High School. Besides, it was just a regular thing to me now.

''But I don't want to!'' I said in a childish tone, hoping for her to give up and forget about the whole idea which I knew wasn't going to happen.

''Maybe you'll think of that next time before you decide to clown around in school and smoke in the toilets!" She yelled at me, causing me to grunt and kick my legs.

''I told you before it wasn't me!'' I denied, lying through my teeth.

''Shane Lee! You was caught red handed!'' She shouted at me. I rolled my eyes and she crossed her arms, giving me that motherly I'm-so-disappointed-and-don't-think-you're-fooling-me look.

I combed my long ginger hair to the side and sighed miserably, wanting to jump off the nearest building.

''Oh you could do with a hair cut, you look like a homeless person.'' My Mom tutted, not giving me any self esteem - not that I had any anyway.

''What ever Mom!'' I sighed, putting down the comb on the table.

''Oh Shane what's gotten over you? You used to be so sweet, ever since you've been hanging out with that Steve you've changed.'' She said, starting to piss me off.

''Mom! Will you fuck up about Steve?'' I shouted moodily at her, grunting and clenching my fists.

''Shane Lee!'' My Mom yelled again, resting her hands on her hips and giving me a disapproving look.

''What?! Ever since Dad left you've been a total bitch!'' I screamed not realising what I was saying, upsetting her unintentionally.

''Shane Lee. Why can't you shut up about Mark I'm over him!'' She yelled in denial, although I knew she wasn't over him. I often heard her crying in her room late at night about the situation.

"Quit calling me Shane Lee, my name is Shane.'' I bellowed angrily at her, trying to change the subject.

''Its your name! Oh where's my old son gone?'' She whispered, almost crying.

''Oh Mom I'm sorry I didn't mean it.'' I apologised.

"Just remember Shane, your not to old for a spanking," My Mom said wiping her eyes and trying to send me on a guilt trip.

"I said I'm sorry geez!" I shouted, getting annoyed again.

"Your so different now Shane," She said , almost crying again.

'Don't send me on a guilt trip!' I pleaded, almost crying too.

My Mom wrapped her arms lovingly around me.

"Oh baby its not the same anymore is it?" She whispered, wiping the tears from my eyes.

''I miss him Mom.'' I cried, rubbing my eyes.

''Now come on stop sobbing and go brush your teeth, your breath stinks.'' Mom said kissing my cheek and patting me on the shoulder.

I went into the bathroom and brushed my teeth, just as she asked.

When I went back downstairs, my eyes were all red and blotchy from where I have a small tantrum in the bathroom.

"Ready now Shane?" She asked in a gentle tone, grabbing my stuff from by the front door.

''Yeah...'' I replied, sobbing a little.

''OK let's go then.'' She smiled reassuringly but I just felt like punching her to the floor.