Chapter 11

11 July 1999, 3 Greenfield Street

Theo stirred awake, to see Alex, Lisa and Bekah sat on the floor in front of him eating their breakfast, their eyes glued to the television screen. Theo scanned the room, Katherine was sat at the kitchen table. She was reading through some paperwork that had come through from St. Mungos.

Theo sat up, he held the covers against him realising he didn't have any clothes on, he wrapped the blanket around his waist. Theo walked to the kitchen, leaning on the door frame, he watched Katherine she was so focused like she was trying to piece together a part of a puzzle that just didn't quite fit right.

"Oh hi," Katherine said, averting her eyes from the blanket that just covers the lower half of him.

"Kids didn't wake you did they?"

"No, what are you working on," he said sitting down with her at the table.

"Daphne's blood work, it came back the same as Pansy's," Katherine told him

"A toxin was present in Daphne's blood just like Pansy's when she first was admitted to St Mungo's" Katherine explained

"Meaning?" he questioned

"It can't be a coincidence, they're both attacked, with an unknown toxin in there blood," Katherine said, "if only I figure what kind of toxin was in their system,"

"Two defected death eaters attacked, how's the prophet going to cover that up," Theo said, Katherine nodded thinking about what he just said,

"Wait, Daphne were a death eater?" Katherine questioned,

"Yeah you didn't know?" he said,

"Do you know all the death eaters that defected before Voldemort was defeated?" Katherine asked, Theo nodded unsure of where she was going with this.

"Do you think you could find out if any of them has had contact with Max Burke, he was the last to see Pansy and on his way to see Daphne, plus he attacked you," Katherine said

"Yeah, I'll talk to them," Theo said,

Theo left the kitchen to go and get dressed, Katherine knew Max Burke was a troublemaker but never did she think he'd be capable of anything like this. Theo was dressed and ready to leave, he talked Katherine through the people he was going to see in case any of them showed up at St. Mungos.

"Theo about last night," Katherine said stopping him from leaving, "I got a little carried away, I'm sorry-

"You don't have to apologise," Theo said "I didn't expect you to pounce on me, but it was a nice surprise," Katherine laughed,

Theo heard tiny hands slapping the floor, he flicked his eyes to the side, where he saw Lisa and Bekah, crouched on the floor behind the door frame watching them, he smiled to himself. He caressed Katherine's cheek, lifting her chin to kiss her.

"I'll see you later," Theo winked at Katherine, as he left her flat.

"Mummy, why you all red?" Lisa asked

"I'm not, I'm just a little warm," Katherine said, rubbing her cheeks as she chased Lisa back into the living room.

16 July 1999, Grimmauld Place

Theo had discovered where Max Burke was hiding out, he and Katherine were working out a plan, to catch Max Burke. He had already got to Theo once, but then again, Katherine had got separated from him. Not this time they will be ready for him.

Theo and Katherine left the children with Harry and Ginny while they went to Max Burke's hideout. Katherine had persuaded Theo to let her talk to him first, she knew him from school. Though Katherine was surprised that he listened to her.

"Remember let me try talking to him first," Katherine reminded him,

"Wand?" Theo said, "you're not going in there without it" Katherine sighed taking her wand out.

Katherine knocked on the door, the creaked open, she pushed the door open a little. Katherine looked around the place was filled with old furniture still covered in dust sheets. This place was a crash pad, there wasn't anyone staying here permanently.

"Max?" Katherine called, "Max Burke, it's Katherine Parker," Katherine gestured for Theo to wait.

Max appeared from the hallway, holding his wand up to her. Katherine held her hands up showing him that she wasn't there to hurt him, she even threw her wand to the side. 'Fuck Katherine I said, don't in unarmed' Theo thought.

"I just want to talk," she said, Max relaxed his arm, he bared a devilish smile, then lunged at her.

Max was on top of Katherine, his hands around her throat, Katherine gasped for breath, his eyes were different it's like he didn't know her. Theo fired a spell through the window ducking down, Max dodged the spell, letting go of Katherine. He went outside to find the person who shot a spell at him.

"I knew you'd come after me," Max said,

Max fired a curse at Theo, though he managed to disarm Max. Katherine stumbled through the house, to find Theo stood over Max, he was about to curse him but stopped when Katherine yelled.

"No, don't," Katherine grabbed hold of Theo's arm, "he's been hexed,"

"Petrificus totalus!" Theo cast, putting him in a full body-bind curse, "we have to take him in hexed or not,"