Patronus

I panicked as I heard the door to my dorm open, expecting to see Draco swaying back and forth looking to argue.

To my pleasant surprise it wasn't Draco, it was Fred. "How did you get past Malfoy and Theo in the common room?" I laughed, a wave of relief washing over me.

I imagined Draco's head would explode if he saw Fred headed to my room, after what he'd just walked in on. He looked confused "the common room was empty Izzy.."

"Oh" I sat up in bed to face him, whilst he sat at the edge, his hand placed on my leg on top of the sheets. "I'm sorry I told you like that, I just couldn't watch you with him, knowing what I knew" he gave me an awkward smile.

I gnawed at the soft flesh on the inside of my cheek, trying not to get upset again. "It's fine Freddie, but how did you even know?.. It just doesn't make any sense."

A small part of me still held onto the fact that it might not be true.. that Fred had given him a potion to lie or.. just fucking anything. Anything other than this.

"My brother Bill, his girlfriend goes to Beauxbaton's and he sent our Mum a letter telling us Malfoy was there because he knew he and Ron don't.. get on."

"Your brother wrote your mum a letter to tell her that Draco shagged his girlfriend's friend?" I snorted, knowing that clearly wasn't the truth.

"No of course not, I wrote her and asked what he was doing there and Fleur told me, actually" he jeered back.

"Oh that makes more sense, I guess" I shrugged, pretending I didn't care. "It's ok to be sad Iz, you're allowed to be sad.." he reached his hand out toward me, brushing my cheek with his thumb.

I started blubbing uncontrollably. I couldn't believe he'd betrayed me, when I would have done anything for him. It didn't make any fucking sense.

He didn't so much as kiss anyone whilst I was being homeschooled, unaware of his existence.. because he was waiting for me.. so how could he not manage to keep his dick in his trousers whilst we were apart for 3 months.. and he was supposedly looking for me.

If I thought about it too much my head began to buzz, so I made the conscious decision to just not think about it. "I'm.. I'm sorry for kissing you Freddie, it wasn't fair" I said between sobs, finding it hard to breathe through the tears.

He laughed "please don't apologise, there's no complaints from me" I laughed, wiping my eyes with my covers. "You'll be alright Iz, fuck him" he said pushing my shoulder playfully.

I smiled "thanks Freddie."'There was an air of awkwardness between us, I was struggling to fight back my want to kiss him.

I could see on his face he wanted the same as me, but I didn't want to hurt him.. I didn't want things to change between us.

I knew I couldn't have feelings for Fred, if I felt so torn up about Draco. It was my mind playing tricks on me, escapism from the reality of my situation.

I'd never imagined Draco and I would ever be done.. for good. He was my person. How would I ever love someone even a fraction of how much I loved him?

"Izzy?" Fred said, snapping me out of my thoughts. "Mhm?" I muttered, not being able to form a coherent sentence in my cluttered brain.

"For fucks sake don't make me ask.." he laughed, throwing his head back. My words caught in my throat as I saw the protruding vein sticking out of the soft skin of his neck. "Ask what?"

He crawled upwards so he was above my body on his hands and knees. "Isabelle, don't make me ask to kiss you" I noticed I was staring at his lips as he licked them.