The Locket of Meradon: Epilogue

"So you're telling me there is a way to counter-curse or lock me up or send into the Blues- yep, that sums it up- again?!" Zachery hollered. "Shh, those punks will hear," another woman, the top criminal of the season, Jocelyn Blade, said. "Now get me out of this- eck- jail." "Jocelyn, do you swear- like, the 'cross your criminality' swear, to help me take over the world?" "Yeesh, that's tense." "Ugh." "Of course!" "C'mon. First, we gotta take care of those two. Also, what was that way to counter-curse you-know-what and that rubbish?" "The locket." She looked dreamily into the window. "Freedom," she breathed. "A step closer to freedom. And yes, it means curses, too." "Okay, curses. Freedom sounds way better."

"It's on, Zach," Jocelyn said. "Just do your part of the deal and free me. Then, we take over the world!" "Yeah! Now, let me just- there- and c'mon out the window." "Let's talk about that bloody locket-" "It's not bloody, Zach; the ancient god Felonis, he's the god of the Earth, like, not in America, I mean, the ground and the plants, and all o' that junk. Anyways, the god Felonis had a wife. She was Teralis, the ancient goddess of the night. They split their souls, sorta like Horcruxes in Harry Potter, if you've ever read it. So, as I was saying, they split their souls into the locket of Meradon. It's so powerful, legend says that it brought the human world together." "Wicked! Except, is that true? Or is it just legend?" "I think it's true. Now, please free me!" Jocelyn let out a cry combined with frustration and fury. Zach touched his face, which was black as a cover. He clutched his radio tightly, which enabled him to listen to what was going on in his secret laboratory. Unfortunately, Sicute and Zane, the Witch twins, were trapped in it. "RELAX, Lynn. Let's go. NOW." They leapt out of the window.

Zachery shifted uncomfortably. He had a very, very bad feeling that the Witch twins had overheard him. And that usually meant trouble. But there was one thing they could do. "You say the locket's in the ancient city Meradon, eh? Well, let's gather an army and CHARGE!"