19. Training

The next day I was told to stay in bed. They locked my door and everything.
Something happened because everyone kept shouting, Daryl didn't talk to me which was surprising.
Michonne brought me dinner with a sad look.
"What happened?" I ask grabbing the bowl.
"Merles dead" she states surprising me.
"How?"
"The governor. Daryl found him" she says and I nod.
"Thanks for telling me" I whisper.
"Actually we were wondering if you would talk to Daryl?" Rick asks. I nod as I pick up a bottle of vodka and moving past them to make my way to Daryl's perch.

"They ask ya to talk to me?" Daryl asks instantly.
"Yeah but I was going to before they asked" I explain as I since sitting on his bed.
"How ya feeling?" He asks.
"I should be asking that" I tell him.
He glares at me and I shrug as I pull out a bottle of vodka.
"Where'd ya get that?" He asks.
"The farm. Been carrying it around like a relic" I laugh as I hand it to him.

"I know you probably don't want to hear it but I'm sorry for your lose" I say sitting back.
He takes a drink and looks at me before nodding.
"He was a fucking idiot for doing what he did" he grumbles.
"Good people are Great at making bad decisions" I quote.
"What's that from?" He asks sipping.
"I think it was a song lyric" I reply making him chuckle lightly.
"What song?" He asks.
"Not sure... you'd think I would know after working in a bar for 6 years" I say rubbing my face.
"6 years?" He repeats.
"Oh yeah, you should have seen the blister I got and the tight skirt I had to wear" I say as I fake shiver at the thought.
He chuckles at me.
"Wish I coulda seen that"
"I'm sooo happy you didn't" I say smiling as I realise my distraction is working.
"What ya smiling at?" He asks.
"Nothing" I mumble.

We enter a awkward silence as he eyes stare at the floor and silently fill with water.
He's thinking about his brother again.
I crawl over and put my arms around his waist to hug him.
"What are ya doing?" He asks.
"Hugging ya" I whisper.
"Thanks Remi" he says wrapping his arms around my back.
I would be lying if I said I didn't like the position I'm in right now.
I guess the same would go for him considering his breathing is slower and I would bet my bow to say he is asleep.
I pull my self down and keep my arms around the bottom of his waist as I join him in his slumber.

"Hey Remi ! Come on wake up!" I hear Carl shout as he shook me.
"Alright I'm up" I say rubbing my eyes and instantly notice Daryl's gone.
"Governors on his way! Come on we have a plan!" He shouts pulling me up.
"Alright so whats my roll in this plan?" I ask stretching.
"You, me and Judith need to find a place to hide" he says handing me Judith.
"Why was I given this job?" I moan carrying her.
"Because rick and Daryl agreed you shouldn't be on the field" he says dragging me off into the maze of corridors.

"This way" I guide him to out the back of the prison though a back door.
"The woods. It's best for me, besides we don't know what the governor has and I don't know the details of the plan" I explain and he nods.
"You have her bag right?" I ask wincing as I cradle Judith in my arms.
He nods and I smile glancing around the area.

"How long is this going to take?" I ask Carl before I hear an explosion.
"Never mind" I quickly say picking up Judith in case she starts crying.
After a couple minutes of gunfire and explosions it finally stops and I'm guessing the governor moves into the prison.

Quietly I rock Judith making her stop crying after In a couple minutes.
I sing Judith a quick lullaby as I sway
"Looks like you made the right call" Carl says and I nod.
"We all in position?" I hear through a walkie talky that Carl brought with him.
"Yeah" I hear Daryl and sigh in relief.
"We're hiding in the woods" Carl tells them.
"Talk in a bit" rick says putting his talkie away.

"It's clear!" I hear Daryl shout.
"How'd you find us?"
"The boy stood in blood. Left big footprints" he says pointing at Carl's shoes.
"So what happened?"
"We had dem running. We went after them and it was a blood bath" Daryl explains walking over to lucky.
"He killed them?" I ask turning to look at him.
"From the look of it. We found a girl, gonna take her back ta Woodbury... just wanted ta check ya first" he says putting a hand on judiths head as rick appears.
"Their you are" he grumbles making me chuckle.
"I'll come with you, to Woodbury" I say handing Carl the baby.
"Nah you stay here safe, look after the little ones" he says before nodding to rick and leaving as rick kisses judiths head.