Legolas is Terrible at Planning

A.N: I haven't written for Legolas in so long, this honestly felt like therapy! (therapy probably shouldn't be writing imaginary romance with fictional characters, now that I think about it. Oh well!) Anyhoo. Thank you so so much for this request, I adored it and got to break out the Legolas fluff again. I hope you like it <3!!

Word Count: 419

Warnings: Fluff, the teensiest (is that a word?) bit of Angst

****

Legolas is Terrible at Planning Trips

You walked down the halls of the Woodland Realm, arm in arm with your betrothed, Legolas. You were heading back to your rooms after a council meeting, in which King Thranduil had appointed Legolas to travel to Imladris and bring news of the escape of the creature known as Gollum.

"I cannot believe you are going to Imladris! I would so love to see Arwen."

He nodded. "I know. I'm hopeful that our friend Aragorn may be there as well, I have not seen him for moons."

You smiled at him. "Well, I'm sure you'll have a lovely time."

Inside, you secretly wished that he would not go. You loved him and wanted him to be able to visit his friends and be happy, but part of you wished you were joining him. You did not want to be parted for the time the journey would take.

Arriving at the door to his rooms, you entered and began helping him pack. You stayed for a little while, before leaving to do the rest of your duties as one of Thranduil's councilors. You advised the king on several diplomatic issues, most having to do with the dwarves, as the king was not known for his tact when handling such matters, all the while trying

Later that day, you headed back to Legolas's rooms, wanting to say goodbye before his departure. Mustering up a happy face, you entered, just in time to see him shrug on his cloak.

"Meleth nin!" He greeted you, striding over for a kiss before picking up his quiver to fasten over his shoulder.

"I hope you have a safe journey." You pressed a kiss to his lips, before breaking away and watching him walk towards the door.

You couldn't stand it anymore.

"Legolas."

He turned.

"Please don't say goodbye," you whispered.

He strode back to you, and the smirk on his face told you something was up.

"Didn't I mention? You're joining me!"

You smacked him. "Are you serious!"

He lifted your packed bag from where he had hidden it behind his bed in answer.

"You are terrible at planning trips. You don't tell someone they're going with you five minutes before you leave!" You exclaimed this, standing there with your arms crossed.

Then you smiled, grabbing it and whisking the cloak that you had conveniently left in his rooms earlier around your shoulders.

"I love you."

"I love you too," he said, grabbing your hand and whisking you out the door, to a new adventure.