Chapter 10

CW for mentions of unhealthy relationships, as well as mention of a dub-con scenario. 

In the very beginning, there was the Sun and the Moon, and they lived together in unison and peace. However time passed, and the Universe created the Earth and Man, declaring that the Sun and Moon were to watch over and take care of the Men.

They complied, and things worked well and smoothly. But the Moon and Sun slowly began to fall in love and neglect their duties, putting the Earth out of balance and night would be day and day would be night. The Men, fearful of what was happening called for the Universe to come and save them.

And so the Universe did, and it came and saw how the Moon and Sun were always together and how they no longer watched over man, and it felt a deep feeling of longing and anger. Furious, the Universe cursed the Sun and Moon to never be together again, and forever to be apart. Heartbroken, the Moon and Sun took to their respective parts of the sky, but it wasn't the end.

The Moon, realizing their neglect and carelessness, saw their faults and cried their tears onto Man, blessing them with a soulmate, someone who would always be for them, to love and cherish them for the end of their day, and may they never be separated again.

Of course, this was all bullshit. Nobody really knows what the real purpose or beginning of soulmates was, and there have been theories about genes and DNA, compatibility and energy, but it was all one of the larger mysteries of the wereworld that would likely never be solved.

Everyone would eventually find their soulmate at one point or another, so perhaps fate and magic did play a role into it. However there was a chance that you wouldn't click on your first meeting, which is exactly what had happened between him and Jacob.

Sophomore year he had bumped into the to-be alpha Jacob, however after that encounter he didn't hear from the other werewolf for almost another four years, until Jacob came back to the pack from an exclusive alpha camp, and during the celebration Asher had bumped into him, and... well you know the rest from there. Albeit they were both a bit tipsy, and-

"That's rape!" interrupted Raven, and Asher winced, motioning his hand for her to be quiet.

"It doesn't matter what it was," he said impatiently, "we were both inebriated (perhaps he even more so than I was), but I was just too young and excited that I had found my mate to question anything. The next morning we both woke up with a headache and regrets, some heavier than the other, and Jacob essentially told me to 'fuck off.'"

"Language," muttered Raven jokingly, trying to lighten the mood and Minty squeezed her hand.

Under the dingy kitchen light Asher watched Raven intently, realizing how tired she looked. All the moving and hiding really had taken a toll on her, it would've even taken a toll on a normal person. The space under her eyes seemed accented and darker than usual, and her skin seemed paler as well, even borderline sickly.

However even as tired and exhausted his daughter looked, she unconsciously leaned towards her girlfriend, and Asher could see that even just being near Minty relaxed Raven. He felt his heart clench a bit, was it allowed to be jealous of your own teenage daughter? She grew up so fast, and he didn't know what it meant from here. Raven brought his attention back to the table with a snap of her fingers.

"Anyhoo. Continue," she said, practically demanded. Leaning back in his chair Asher rested his eyes for a moment.

"So he tells me to get out, and I didn't see him for at least a week. I had assumed he was attempting to avoid me, and I was probably right. However the marks on our necks were still fresh, and eventually he made some... half hearted attempts to talk," Asher winced at the rather lame interactions between them, how their conversations were stilted and awkward, not at all how he imagined a relationship between soulmates would be.