Chapter 6

???

Tugging at my sleeves, I gave a frustrated sigh as I stared at the computer screen in front of me, the dim blue light being the only thing illuminating the room.

Rubbing at my sore eyes, I blinked in surprise when a small notification popped up at the corner of my computer screen. With no further leads for tonight, I clicked it.

As the webpage loaded, I let my eyes slowly scan over the list of words and numbers, until slowly, I felt a smile grace my lips. "Got you," I whispered to nobody other than myself.

Suddenly, the door behind me slammed open and I jumped up in my seat. "Jesus fuck knock next time." I snapped, irritated at .̚҉̣͔͙̠.̸͇̟͉́̂.̙̘̖̘͐̀ͅ.̢̤̥͈̥̲̙̼̇͌ͅ.̵̹͚͈͕̟̻͒͒ͦ.̥̰͙̱̱͕͍̈̈͛͋̕.̛͔͍͖̏ͦ.̴̗̣͓̪̒̿́̍ for invading my personal space.

".̚҉̣͔͙̠.̸͇̟͉́̂.̙̘̖̘͐̀ͅ.̢̤̥͈̥̲̙̼̇͌ͅ.̵̹͚͈͕̟̻͒͒ͦ.̥̰͙̱̱͕͍̈̈͛͋̕.̛͔͍͖̏ͦ.̮̫͓̭͈͇͊̀.̝͚̟̺̑ͧ͟.̴̗̣͓̪̯͉̩͎̒̿́̍.̅̉ͬ҉̭̩̩.̷͈̲̜͖̤ͣͧ̉̃.̷͍̣̘̏.̘̺̰̳̗͇̾̆͐̇͞ why is it so dark in here?" they asked, clicking on the lights. I scowled and blinked my eyes a few times as the room was flooded with warm lighting. Swinging the chair around, I rolled my eyes at their needless questions.

"Personal reasons." I said. Standing up, I clicked my fingers. "".̚҉̣͔͙̠.̸͇̟͉́̂.̙̘̖̘͐̀ͅ.̢̤̥͈̥̲̙̼̇͌ͅ.̵̹͚͈͕̟̻͒͒ͦ.̥̰͙̱̱͕͍̈̈͛͋̕.̛͔͍͖̏ͦ.̴̗̣͓̪̒̿́̍ , I have a place we need to visit." .̚҉̣͔͙̠.̸͇̟͉́̂.̙̘̖̘͐̀ͅ.̢̤̥͈̥̲̙̼̇͌ͅ.̵̹͚͈͕̟̻͒͒ͦ.̥̰͙̱̱͕͍̈̈͛͋̕.̛͔͍͖̏ͦ.̴̗̣͓̪̒̿́̍ furrowed their brow .

"A place? What for? With me?" they asked. I clucked my tongue.

"What is it with so many questions? Do you not trust me .̚҉̣͔͙̠.̸͇̟͉́̂.̙̘̖̘͐̀ͅ.̢̤̥͈̥̲̙̼̇͌ͅ.̵̹͚͈͕̟̻͒͒ͦ.̥̰͙̱̱͕͍̈̈͛͋̕.̛͔͍͖̏ͦ.̴̗̣͓̪̒̿́̍ ?" I asked in mock agitation. .̚҉̣͔͙̠.̸͇̟͉́̂.̙̘̖̘͐̀ͅ.̢̤̥͈̥̲̙̼̇͌ͅ.̵̹͚͈͕̟̻͒͒ͦ.̥̰͙̱̱͕͍̈̈͛͋̕.̛͔͍͖̏ͦ.̴̗̣͓̪̒̿́̍ laughed, then threw a crumpled piece of paper at me.

"Shut up man. Alright, I'm going to guess this has to do with .̥̰͙̱̱͕͍̈̈͛͋̕.̛͔͍͖̏ͦ.̮̫͓̭͈͇͊̀.̝͚̟̺̑ͧ͟.̴̗̣͓̪̯͉̩͎̒̿́̍.̅̉ͬ҉̭̩̩.̷͈̲̜͖̤ͣͧ̉̃.̷͍̣̘̏." I blinked at the mention of his name.

"... possibly. Come on now, we got to alert them first. Pull it as a... chance for some of your younger members to possibly find a mate." I said. My second in command nodded, pulled out a small memo pad and scribbled it down.

"Alright ".̚҉̣͔͙̠.̸͇̟͉́̂.̙̘̖̘͐̀ͅ.̢̤̥͈̥̲̙̼̇͌ͅ.̵̹͚͈͕̟̻͒͒ͦ.̥̰͙̱̱͕͍̈̈͛͋̕.̛͔͍͖̏ͦ.̮̫͓̭͈͇͊̀.̝͚̟̺̑ͧ͟.̴̗̣͓̪̯͉̩͎̒̿́̍.̅̉ͬ҉̭̩̩.̷͈̲̜͖̤ͣͧ̉̃.̷͍̣̘̏.̘̺̰̳̗͇̾̆͐̇͞, I trust you. When do we leave?" they asked. I glanced at the date on the calendar I had sitting on my desk.

"I'll give it a week, it won't be a big visit." I decided. "Tell .̸͇̟͉́̂.̙̘̖̘͐̀ͅ.̢̤̥͈̥̲̙̼̇͌ͅ.̵̹͚͈͕̟̻͒͒ͦ.̥̰͙̱̱͕͍̈̈͛͋̕.̛͔͍͖̏ͦ.̴̗̣͓̪̒̿́̍.̵̹͚͈͕̟̻͒͒ͦ.̥̰͙̱̱͕͍̈̈͛͋̕, .̢̤̥͈̥̲̙̼̇͌ͅ.̵̹͚͈͕̟̻͒͒ͦ.̥̰͙̱̱͕͍̈̈͛͋̕.̛͔͍͖̏ͦ.̮̫͓̭͈͇͊̀.̝͚̟̺̑ͧ͟.̴̗̣͓̪̯͉̩͎̒̿́̍.̅̉ͬ҉̭̩̩ and .̢̤̥͈̥̲̙̼̇͌ͅ.̵̹͚͈͕̟̻͒͒ͦ.̥̰͙̱̱͕͍̈̈͛͋̕.̛͔͍͖̏ͦ.̴̗̣͓̪̒̿́̍.̴̗̣͓̪̯͉̩͎̒̿́̍.̅̉ͬ҉̭̩̩. Get some of the pack members that are seeking mates."

Soon enough, life passed by peacefully as the pair settled down over the excitement of moving to a new place and slipped into an easygoing schedule. Raven made friends with Minty and a group of eighth graders that would sometimes come over and hang out at the house. Asher developed a friendship with Starly and Livy, and even reached out and started talking to Jeremiah again. Everything was going fine, and they lived happily ever after.