/Lost\

Blood warning?

The kid dragged their hooves through the layers of dense, pearly white snow, their tail drooped and trailing along the ground soon after them. The calf let out a couple of feeble squeaks, crying out desperately for help, letting the snow in their path be dyed a deep crimson red as their wounds slowly bled more and more. They were quickly getting light headed, their cheeks and fingers having gone red with the cold, all feeling in their body having turned completely numb as they continued to push forwards. Y/n gripped onto their little red cape, wrapping their arms up in it in one last feeble attempt to keep warm. It was made from mooshroom fur, you could tell from the white patches dotted around it which resembled that of a mooshroom pelt. It smelled strongly of cinnamon and mushroom stew which gave an oddly comforting nostalgia from their early childhood.

They couldn't seem to shake that burning smell, it was suffocating, it felt like it was trying to choke every last bit of life out of them and reality it was succeeding. The smoke was the smell of burning flora, wood, and something more than that... flesh. Watching their homes crumble under their own weight as the fire bit away at the foundation, the very society they'd built over thousands of years gone.

How long had they been walking for?

The calf stopped in their tracks, looking around at the seemingly endless opal white void that went on as far as the eye can see. You could hardly tell the direction they'd just come from as the snow had already smoothed over their tracks, just leaving that deep red trail behind them.

The crunching of snow approached from in front of them, it sounded like heavy boots.

Y/n whipped their head back around to gaze up at the figure who now loomed over them, though they didn't feel at all threatened by them. Maybe it was just because they were delirious from the cold and extreme blood loss but the person had a kindly face. The man had long blond locks that hung down to about shoulder length and sky blue eyes. As well as wearing a large black trench coat and a rather strange looking hat that was decorated with green and white stripes, he also had a rather magnificent pair of giant, grey, feathered wings. They were so long they dragged in the snow behind him.

Y/n could only just see the concern in the man's eyes through blurred vision and tears, shaking almost uncontrollably as they just managed to keep themselves standing. Now Y/n was a rather timid child in general, but they were so drowsy they didn't feel at all uncomfortable as the man scooped Y/n up into his arms, letting themselves slip from consciousness as they were bundled up in the warmth of his huge trench coat.

Word count- 490

Sorry for a short chapter!-