Chapter twenty-nine

I stumbled down, gasping for air as Newt read the note out loud for everyone to hear. Instead of shouts of bewilderment, a deathly silence overcame the gladers. Their rational side responding as such. Newt clutched me in a protective hug, before handing me over to Gally. He stroked my hair as I stared in awe at the girl.

Newt crumpled the note in his hand, a certain anger about him. Alby cupped his hands around his mouth before shouting for the medjacks. Clint and Jeff walked over, "what do we do with her?"

Alby looked at them in disbelief, "you two are the medjacks, figure it out,"

Clint leant over her body, checking her pulse and listening to her heartbeat. Someone called out, "who said Clint got first shot at her? Newt already got the other one!" Laughter arose, "I'm next!" Someone called. I leaped into action, grabbing the short of the boy. Gally yanked me backwards, causing me and the boy to tumble down. I tried to claw towards him, but Gally was already there, pulling me aside. "He's not worth it," he whispered, and I nodded, shaking his hard grip off of me.

Alby narrowed his eyes, "if anyone touches this girl, your gonna spend the night sleepin' with the Grievers in the maze. Banished, no questions asked," he finished. "Ain't nobody touch her! Nobody!"

"She seems fine. Breathing okay, normal heartbeat. Though it's a bit slow. Your guess is as good as mine, but I'd say she's in a coma. Jeff, let's take her to the Homestead." Clint explained. They counted to three and hoisted her threw the air. She was lighter than they expected, and almost was thrown up.

"Guess we'll have to see what she does," Jeff said to no one in particular. "We can feed her soupy stuff if she doesn't wake up soon."

"Just watch her closely," Newt said. "Must be something special about her or they wouldn't have sent her here." He eyed me slightly as he said it, knowing that somehow, no matter what I said, there was a connection to the girl and I.

Alby leaned over to look in her face once more before they carried her off. "Put her next to Ben's room, and keep a watch on her day and night. Nothin' better happen without me knowing about it. I don't care if she talks in her sleep or takes a klunk-you come tell me."

"Yeah," Jeff muttered; then he and Clint shuffled off to the Homestead, the girl's body bouncing as they went, and the other Gladers finally started to talk about it, scattering as theories bubbled through the air.

I stayed still in awe, as Alby walked over and grabbed Thomas's shoulder. "You ain't never seen her before?" he asked.

Thomas hesitated before he answered. "Not ... no, not that I remember."

"You sure? What about you Joanie?" Newt asked. I shook my head, "I... no, why are you grilling me like this?" Thomas asked, incredulously. "Something's whacked, call a gathering," Alby muttered grimly, making the mood seem ominous.

Newt and Alby began to walk off, and I followed, being a keeper.

Alby had gone about his business, and Newt pulled me aside. "We need to talk,"

I solemnly nodded, expecting as such. I just hoped he wasn't succumbing to some superstition that I was bad.

Or was I?

"Something is bloody wrong," he sighed, and I rolled my eyes, "obviously," I spat, before continuing, "I don't understand, why can't anything be normal, why can't we just..." I screamed in frustration. "I hate the creators," I growled, an edge in my voice.

"Yeah we all do..." Newt muttered. "No, you don't understand. I want to kill them... Slowly. This isn't right. They... I... They are going to pay," I snarled. Newt rushed towards me, but when he got close, became wary, as if I were a feral animal. "Are you okay?" He asked, and I just glared. "This isn't you," he said, feeling my forehead. "Yeah, because the shuck creators took who I was,"

"No," he muttered, "I mean you, now. The you for the past two months," he stroked the side of my face. Then something happened. I felt... Unable to control myself.

I gasped, "Newt..."

"What?" He asked worriedly, as one of my hands raised.

"I... Can't control... Myself. Someone's... Controlling me..." I gasped, his eyes widened at my words, until I became still, with absolutely no control over myself. I deviously smiled, "oh I'm fine now," but there was an edge to my voice.

"It's not you is it," Newt muttered, backing away. I pushed forward, "of course it is," my voice was too frilly, to flirty. I now had him backed against the wall, extremely close.

I leaned up towards him, "kiss me," I breathed. I crashed my lips into his, forcefully. He kissed back, until he stopped realizing it wasn't me. I was now dependent on him to save me from this force. My hands forces onto his face, pulling it forward until we kissed again.

I wanted it to stop, I couldn't control myself. It was so strange, so hard to describe. "Let her go," newt growled, in between a breath. He pushed me away, hard. I fell back on the bed, as he tried to make his way to the door. I ran up, pushing him against the wall, hard. I loud thump sounded, hopefully signaling someone to come and help. I once again pushed my lips against his, leaving no space between our bodies.

Newt was trying to say something, but couldn't do to the current situation. The door burst open, but it still didn't stop our lip lock. "Holy shuck!" It was Minho, no doubt.

Newt broke away for five seconds, "argh! Minho it's not bloody her! She's being controlled!" He shouted before I pushed against him once more. Minho wrenched me away, but I punched him in the face before Newt to get away.

I pushed him and he tumbled to the floor, I was about to lift him up till I myself went tumbling. Minho was wrestling on the ground, "don't hurt her!" Newt shouted, and Minho grunted. "I think I'm more worried about her hurting me!" He screamed. I desperately hoped one of them would knock me out.

I grabbed a spoon sitting on the desk and smacked him over the head. The spoon was unnaturally hard, and Minho stumbled, clutching his head.

I turned to Newt who was still on the floor, and I pushed misled on top of him, kissing him hard. He threw me off, and I hit my head on the floor. I felt blood drop, but ignored it. Minho was recovering, but I kicked him in the gut, sending him tumbling into the desk.

Newt was standing, and I grabbed his hair, pushing our lips together. I bit his lip, hard. He screamed out in pain, and I felt the taste of blood. And that's when I gained control.

I just hurt him. I drew blood. I screamed at nothing while I tried to gain control of myself. Newt was helping Minho up, who was wincing. "Please... Help... Me!" I screeched. Those words were mine. It was progress. "It's her! She's fighting it!" Newt shouted, blood dripping down his chin.

"KNOCK... ME ... OUT!" I screamed, snapping Minho back to his senses. He raised a lamp, ready to slam it against my head, when I felt all the power come back to me. Whatever was controlling me, was gone.

"WAIT!" I screamed, and Minho didn't stop, until Newt reached out and stopped his arm from hitting. "It's me," I gasped, "holy shuck, it's me..."

They seemed to relax, and I pulled my knees to my chest, rocking back and forth, "piece of Klunk, holy shuck, I'm gonna shucking..." I murmured. I hadn't realized the tears were streaming down my face until Newt gingerly lifted me up, placing me on the bed. Minho and him were gasping for breath. Minho places his hands on his hips, "holy shuck you're stronger than you look,"

"It wasn't me," I murmured, and finally looked up to meet newts gaze, he was bruised, and blood flowed from his lips. My eyes widened as more tears fell, "I-I'm so sorry!" I cried, and before any one could stop me, I sprinted out the doors. I could hear there shouts of protest and lumbering footsteps, but I was already gone.

I ran as far as I could, until I found myself in the deadheads.