Chapter 12 - Affection

The morning after I woke up in a haze. It was still quite early, but the sun had woken me up with it's warm sunbeams lightly touching my skin. Mica were still asleep next to me in the sofa and since we had fallen asleep late into the night that meant that I had slept approximately 4 hours.

I lay there for a while, everything was calm as I studied some lost particles of dust dance in the air. My head was all groggy and every thought was slow. Maybe we should have gone to bed earlier.

Mica mumbled something in her sleep and rolled over to the side. The cat let out a loud meow in the kitchen, he would probably not be quiet until he got something to eat, so I decided to get up against my tired dizziness. With a mug of coffee in my hand I went to push Mica up from the sofa, but she only growled at me until I started to seriously kick her so that she would get up. Finally, she was up and about with the hardest scowl that I had ever seen on her face.

Neither of us talked, we were too tired, so we just stood and sipped on coffee and listened to the faint sounds of the outside world and the cat's soft paws on the carpet. Suddenly a knock sounded at the door, which startled both me and Mica. I put my mug down to get the door, since I knew Mica would not go get it. A pust of air blew in through the door when I opened it, only to reveal Erik standing there on the porch. A smile lit up my face as I saw him and I took two steps forward to hug him.

As I stood on my toes, my arms around Erik's neck and my nose at his throat I felt like the safest person in the world. I felt his arms sling around my waist and squeeze me hard against him.

"Mornin' Liam."

I mumbled something incoherent back and he just chuckled. I leaned out and took his hand to lead him into the house for my feet were turning cold.

"Why are you here?" I asked him.

"I have plans for today, a surprise." He answered with a wink of his eye at me.

"Oh, how fun! Should I grab some stuff, or..? Oh, right, I haven't eaten anything yet, damn it!"

"Just take him." Mica hade come up behind me and was now rolling her eyes at my babbling. She pushed me against Erik and shared what seemed a tired look with him. I stumbled but found myself in Erik's arms again.

"But my stuff, Mica. I need to get my bag and clothes and everything!"

"I'll give it to you tomorrow, Liam. Just go and have fun now", she stood in the hallway like an unmoving rock and I could bet lots on that she would not let me through in the near future.

I didn't have more time to argue, because Erik picked me up at the waist and carried me out to his own car. He stuffed me in the passenger seat and went around the car to the driver's seat.

"I can walk myself, you know." I said while staring hard out the windshield as the car drove forward. My arms were crossed and I almost felt like a five year old.

"I know that you can walk, but it's much more fun to carry you. And to see that pout on your face."

"I'm not pouting!"

He just chuckled and turned his face forward again so that I saw the side of his head. His ear was bare on this side, but full of silver rings on the other. That made me wonder, why had he even gotten those piercings? Sure, they were attractive, but many people thought they were a bit much. Maybe it was just part of his rebellious act.

Outside the car the streets were empty because people usually slept in on days like this, and soon the town changed to green and brown leaves outside the car-window. I tried asking Erik where we were going, but he denied every question with an amused smirk on his lips.