Ch. 13

Adora slowly opens the door to her room trying not to be loud so that she wouldn't wake Catra. Carefully walking into the room she paused when she saw the silhouette of Catra sitting up on the bed.

"Your awake," Adora said softly walking over.

Catra looked up and gave Adora a soft smile," Yeah, I woke up a couple of minutes ago."

"Oh sorry, I was out running," Adora Chuckled sitting down on the bed next to Catra.

"I can see that, still getting up early huh?" Catra asked.

"Habit I guess," Adora replied.

 Catra gave a short giggle, "Well if your not to busy today, do you want to go out somewhere?"

"Like where?" Adora asked with rising curiosity.

"I don't know, somewhere nice, Plumeria, Elberon maybe." Catra said thinking.

"You now they throw great parties in Elberon," Adora said now thinking about cake.

"I've only been at a party once before, it didn't turn out so great though," Catra told Adora.

"Well come on then," Adora grabbed Catra's hand, "get dressed and lets go."

Swift Wind landed at the entrance to Elberon and folded his wings before Catra and Adora jumped off of his back. They walked up to the houses, one of the inhabitants noticed their approach and ran off to the others shouting that She-Ra was coming. Catra looked at Adora who shrugged. The inhabitants of the town greeted them and welcomed the three of them into the town hall where, for the first time Catra was able to try cake. At first she didn't want to and preferred the plain more familiar foods but after seeing Adora taking the other ones, she finally decided to try it.

"So what do you think," Adora asked her.

"Its fine," Catra said.

"Is it good, is it really," Adora asked further.

After a short pause Catra exclaimed, "Its amazing how have I never tried this yet."

Adora laughed at her.

Adora spent the next few minutes explaining the decorations and food and customs of parties to Catra. Adora took a few glances at Catra to look at the newfound fascination in her eyes. 

"Its all so bright," Catra whispered.

"Oh, do you know what this is?" Adora said grabbing a bottle.

"No," Catra said.

"Well, I don't either but its fizzy and I like it." Adora replied, "Want some?"

"Sure why not," Catra replied.

Adora gave her the drink, which Catra drank and promptly proceeded to use her free hand to grab Adora's shirt and pull her into a kiss. 

When she pulled away Catra asked, "How does it taste now?"

Adora just stared at her for a moment before saying, "better,"

"Good, now lets dance," Catra said pulling Adora out to the dance floor.

They both slow danced together, Catra rested her head on Adora, listening to the rhythm of her breathing and Adora put her arm around Catra comforting her, and they stayed that way until they got hungry again.

___________________________________________________________________

Thank you for reading

A/n: What did you think, constructive criticism is welcome.