Ch. 33

The sound of footsteps made Catra's ears twitch, she stalks through the undergrowth in search of the sound's origin. When she finds what she is looking for she is surprised to find Hordak and a group of clones crouched behind trees and bushes, something has them tensed up. Upon a closer look Catra sees what has their attention, a group of thieves has set down in the middle of the forest. Hordak flinches as he realizes shes there and he tells her that he had the clones stop collecting supplies and follow them. Catra hurries up a tree and observes the group from above. Now she can see what they have in their backpacks, horde tech. 

Catra's tail and ears go stiff, she thinks they must want to sell it. Suddenly a spear imbeds itself into the ground and an angry shout is heard as Huntara tackles two thieves to the ground, the surprise and force of the impact knocking them unconscious. The three that are left grab the shock batons and prepare to attack. 

Huntara looks out of her peripheral vision planning out an attack. A dodge to the left throw a bag to disperse the thieves, grab the spear, she could take care of them herself from there but Catra drops from the trees and interupts her thoughts. Now the remaining two charge Huntara. The first isn't fast enough to counter her dodge and gets hit in the stomach, the second grabs her arm but gets hit by Hordak's wrist canon as Huntara lifted him off the ground. 

One of the first two gets up rubbing their head.

"Can't a mercenary pull of a heist without some muscular woman getting in the way," They say as they begin to change.

"Double trouble?" Catra tilts her head.

"Oh, hey kitten, long time no see," They smile.

Huntara lifts Double trouble by their shoulders and pins them to a tree. They begin a long back and forth of questions and insults until Huntara puts her prisoner down.

"You try," is all she says before going to check out the stolen items.

"You still living alone?" Double trouble antagonizes.

"No," Catra snaps, "are you still taking advantage of people for money?"

"As a matter of fact, yes," Double trouble exclaims happily.

"So what has you so far into Brightmoon territory?" Catra asked.

Double trouble smirks and Catra groans, "How much do you want."

Later:

"They've got 18 troops stationed deep in the crimson waste, It should be easy to sneak in at night from the information provided by DT."

"Aw, you have a nickname for me, have we come that far after all this time?" Double trouble interrupts.

Huntara cracks her knuckles, "Lets go in an beat them back, I haven't had an opportunity to really stretch my muscles in a while."

"I could gather the clones, we still have some horde weaponry left," Hordak suggests.

As a plan starts to come together Catra thinks back to their encounter. The bandits they fought were brutes, there's no evidence that the others wouldn't be any different. She looks behind her where Double trouble is tied to a tree.

Catra enters the discussion, "I think I'll take Adora, well go alone."

The others turn to her wide eyed.

"I hate to break it to you kitten, but even She-Ra would have trouble taking down horde artillery," Double trouble mumbles.

Hordak hums in thought, "Perhaps a smaller force would have tactical advantages," he replies.

"If we could keep quiet then we could have all the thieves in custody by tomorrow morning," Catra continues.

"I don't know, what if you get caught," Huntara asks.

Catra's response is a smirk, "That's why we'll bring Double Trouble."

Double trouble sighs and smirks, "unexpected, but not unwelcome,"