I Must Not Tell Truths I

"Harry! Harry! Look here!" A man with messy black hair and hazel eyes blew bright, round bubbles that made their way towards Harry's face, popping right on his nose.

Harry let out a happy squeal and giggled, clapping his chubby hands together.

Fifteen month old Harry Potter was having the time of his toddler life playing with his father.

"Dada, mo'! Mo' buba!" Harry bounced eagerly wanting to see more of the glistening balls.

"More bubbles? Well, you're gonna have to get up and walk towards me, mister." James reached out his arms and beckoned for his growing boy to come towards him.

Harry went to a crawl position and pushed himself with his hands up to his feet. Then he quickly waddled over to his dad who waited with open arms.

"Good job, Harry!" James praised as he lifted Harry up. "You are so fast, yes you are."

He tossed Harry a few inches in the air and caught him again making Harry fall into uncontrollable laughter once more. Nothing could make James happier than the sound of Harry's laughter.

"James Potter," a voice called behind him.

Ok, so Harry's laughter and that voice. The voice of a beautiful, red-headed angel.

"Yes, my dear wife?" James asked, sweetly.

"Dinner's ready and you still haven't cleaned up yet," Lily said in a voice that was supposed to be annoyed but only sounded full of love, especially after watching her husband and son, the two loves of her life, playing together.

"Mama! Buba, buba!" Harry cried out from James's lap.

"I promised Little Prongs more bubbles if he walked towards me." James showed Lily his best pleading doe eyes. "Don't make me break a promise, Lils."

Lily rolled her eyes at his antics and smiled. "Fine, a few more bubbles, but you're feeding Harry his veggies this time, not me."

"Oh, no." James turned towards Harry. "You sure you want to see these bubbles?"

Harry just showed him an innocent, toothless smile.

After more messy bubbles and an even messier dinner (James had more mashed potatoes in his hair than Harry had in his stomach), the family of three sat on the couch to unwind and relax for the day.

Harry sat on Lily's stomach and played with her red hair while Lily had her feet on James's lap as he massaged it.

Watching his wife and son interact, James couldn't help but smirk his famous Potter smirk. "He loves your hair. I bet you he's going to marry a red-head."

Lily scoffed. "How can you possibly know that?"

"All Potter men do."

At Lily's disbelieving eyebrow raise, James continued, "I swear it! My dad married my mom, a red-head. My grandmother was a red-head, and now you. Harry can't break Potter tradition!"

"I think we should just love whoever Harry decides to marry," Lily remarked, using her big toe to softly poke at James's face.

"Of course," James replied, his fingers tickling the soles of Lily's feet, "but they'll definitely be a red-head."

"Whatever you say, oh great seer."

Suddenly, there was a knock at the front door.