Broken World III

Now, Harry thought that Doctor Dumbledore was the person he wanted to see least, he was not expecting to see Doctor Riddle at all. Especially this far into their trek into the Forest.

They were almost to Cedric's van, for Merlin's sake!

The team took steps back in terror, watching the Doctor emerge fully out of hiding.

"So were you just hiding in the Forbidden Forest waiting for us?" Harry asked sarcastically, although his heart beat faster and faster at the sight of Riddle.

"Don't be so arrogant, the world does not revolve around you, Mr. Potter." Riddle smirked arrogantly in a way that might have been considered handsome if there wasn't an evil glint in his eye. "You aren't the only one with a car stashed away in the Forbidden Forest for quick escape."

"You're just going to leave the patients here? You're not even going to try and save them?" Harry fired out angrily. "Some Doctor you are."

"I save people that deserved to be saved, Mr. Potter. And frankly, I've wasted my time here at Hogwarts. All these children. Totally diseased and worthless. Ungrateful little heathens with nothing but dirty blood running through your veins."

"That's not true!" Neville shouted back, in a defiant act of bravery. "If you actually took the time to care for us, then maybe we would actually do better. You just care about your own personal gains. You have no love in your heart. No sympathy. You are the monster, not us."

"I couldn't save you freaks if I wanted to," Riddle barked. "You are all past saving. Even if you do get out of here, which you most definitely won't, you'll all end up on the streets or in prison," Riddle laughed maniacally, "Poor broken children in a poor broken world."

"It's a broken world because people like you make it so." Harry's hand shook, in fear or anger he didn't know, and he clenched tightly to his broomstick. "But frankly, at this point, we don't really care about you or any of your opinions, Doctor. Now, if you don't mind letting us go, we'll leave you on your way."

Riddle scoffed. "You think I am actually going to let you get away and escape? How stupid do you think I am?"

"There are more of us than you, I think we could take you," Ron piped up.

"Exactly," Harry confirmed with a firm nod.

Riddle tilted his head to the side in confusion and pursed his lips, "What exactly?"

"There are more of us than you, you can't take on all of us," Harry repeated with fervor.

Just a few steps away was their freedom. Harry wanted to tell the others to run away and get to the van, but before he had the chance, something even worse happened. When had Harry's plans ever worked out accordingly?

With a small laugh, Riddle reached into his back pocket and pulled out a gun. Immediately, Harry moved to a defensive position, trying to shield the others from the barrel of the gun.

"And who told you that, Mr. Potter?" Riddle said with mocking sincerity. "The voices in your head? I'm surrounded by you crazy psychos every day of my life, you think I don't have a gun to defend myself?"

"Seamus, Neville," Harry said slowly and softly to his team behind him, while keeping his eyes focused on the movement of the silver weapon, "take everyone to the van. Get out of here now."

"We are not going to leave you, Harry," Seamus said, his voice shaking greatly. The others in the group stood their ground, even Draco stayed although his feet kept shifting, deciding whether to stay or run.

"Yeah," Hermione agreed, "We will stand by you no matter what."

"Oh, they are not going anywhere, Harry," Riddle announced over Hermione, still pointing the gun straight at the group.