AUSTON MATTHEWS

"Shit Babe my plane leaves in two hours and I'm barley packed" Auston said as he looked at his watch

He quickly jump up from the couch and headed to the bedroom. You followed him in there, walking in on him throwing clothes onto the bed so that he could pack them.

"Do you have to go?" You whined as you walked into the bedroom flopping down on the bed beside his suit case

"Y/N it's my job, yes I have to go" He explained and let's out a laugh

Auston was getting ready to go on his first road trip of the season and you were not having it.

You've been away from Auston, while he was on a road trip before but this time it felt different. It was probably because you were friends during the other seasons and not an actual couple. So you were used to having him beside you all day and night. Now you were gonna have to get used to having him some days and not having him other days. That was what you signed up for, after saying yes to being his girlfriend right before the season started.

You knew this was something that was going to happen but now that it was happening you didn't know how to feel.

Throughout the day Auston was trying so hard to pack his bag, for his flight that night. You on the other hand were trying so hard to distract him all you could from it. It worked, for a bit.

This morning you two went out shopping together. When you got home you got him to sit down and play some Playstation, while you made lunch. Just a few minutes ago you got him to watch a few episodes of the show you binge together.

You sat up from your spot on the bed and pouted at Auston. He let out a laugh again and shook his head.

"Babe as much as I wish I could stay, I can't it just doesn't work that way and you know that" He said as he starts folding the clothes he threw on the bed and placing them in his luggage

You get off the bed and act like you're going to for a shower. Knowing Auston loves to join you.

"Y/N? What are you doing?" He asks even though he knows what's going on

"I'm going for a shower" You smirk at him before entering your ensuite

Auston catches the door before you closes it.

"Y/N" He says as he leans on the doorframe with his arms crossed over his chest

"Yes, Auston" You say with a smirk as you turn around to face him

He walks over to you grabbing your waist and pulls you close to him. You look up and you are met inches away from his face. He starts to lean in for a kiss but his lips are quick to turn into a smirk.

"Stop distracting me, please" He said as he plants a kiss on your forehead and heads back into the bedroom

You let out a frustrated breath because your last and best idea failed. You followed his actions and head back to the bedroom.

"I was really debating on joining you but Freddie will be here soon to come get me" He says as he pulls you in for a hug

"I'm going to miss you" You say into his chest

"It's only a week but I'll miss you too"

Moments later Auston closes his luggage and rolls it over to the door. He then gets a text, you assume it's Freddie letting him know he's here. You say your goodbyes and he was on his way to the airport.

The first three days of the road trip went better than you expected. Auston had been really busy for the first three days, with games and lots of practice. You barely talked to him, just a couple 'good morning', 'how are you' and 'good night' texts was all you got.