Chapter one

Most of the time it wasn't a problem. Being a girl and all, but when it's three o'clock in the morning and YOU were supposed to make sure the boys sleep a bit, you kind of want to die.

That's how I feel at the moment. Darry left me in charge since I'm a girl and all, and it has gone badly. Everyone is high on chocolate cake (Two-bit and Steve may actually be high), and trying to put them to bed is not an option.

I love how I have to use the words "Put to bed" for people who are almost adults. It's comical, really. I feel like since my parents died, I kinda took up the mantle as "co-parent".

Darry is the one who buys food, who makes the rules, who decides everything important, who works for money. I am the one who takes care of people emotionally, makes sure they're doing good, tells them what to do if Darry isn't there to do so.

Tonight, Darry took a shift at a garage pretty far from here so he couldn't just come home and yell at them to shut up and sleep.

It's not my fault that they won't go to sleep, they don't listen to me half the time.

"PONY!" Ponyboy had just decided it was a good idea to jump off the couch onto the floor. And now he's groaning.

"You little dumbass." I said, grimacing but also trying not to laugh.

"Yeah, you heard her you little DUMBASS."

"Steve, shut up." I grab Ponyboy by the arm and drag him back onto the couch.

"What has gotten into you?" I say, pushing him back against the arm of the couch.

Ponyboy just groaned.

"Oh, my lord have mercy." I mutter, before pulling him up and wrapping an arm around his middle.

"HEEEY Y/N." Two-bit was in front of me, beer sloshing from the bottle he was holding.

"Have more mercy god, I beg of you." I say, not even trying to keep my voice down. "Two, move out of the way before I force you."

"Alright, ma'am." He says, saluting me before  jumping onto Soda who was passing by.

"Let's go, Pony." I say, and lead him into his and Soda's room.

As soon as he sees their shared bed, he falls onto it and is snoring in an instant.

I snort out of pointless mirth for I have no one to share it with, before kissing Ponyboy's cheek and walking out of the room.

One down, three to go. Dally and Johnny left a while ago to go who-knows-where, so I don't need to worry about getting them to sleep.

As soon as I step around the corner, I let out a bark of laughter for all three remaining boys are sleeping in a dog pile.

Soda and Steve are cuddling (no surprise, those two have no limits being as close as they are), with Two laying on top of them both.

Man, Darry is going to have a fit.