Chapter 4

Draco wasn't sure if he'd ever seen Potter—Harry—as happy as he was when they returned from their Hogsmeade trip the next day. He hadn't stopped grinning the entire duration of their date, and Draco couldn't help but wonder how much his face was hurting. Draco was just as happy, though he wouldn't show it—he'd resorted to continually clearing his throat in an effort to not smile (smiling would be against his image, you see.) 

When they entered the eighth-year common room, Pansy and Granger looked ready to cry from frustration at the sight of their joined hands.

"We waited months for you to notice you were both pining, and you start dating within a day?" Granger demanded.

Harry spluttered. "Er, we haven't exactly clarified th—"

"Don't listen to him. We're dating," Draco interrupted.

"I can't believe it took you this fucking long to notice," Pansy groaned, leaning back against the sofa.

"What can I say, Potter's an idiot," Draco answered.

"That's not a very nice thing to say to your boyfriend," Harry commented, though he was grinning.

Draco was torn between making a smug comment, and clutching his heart at the fact that Harry was his boyfriend. "Fine, I suppose I'm partially to blame, too," he said after a moment. "We're two halves of a whole idiot."

Harry happily accepted this response and pulled Draco to the sofa to sit and chat with their friends. Draco reluctantly let him—personally, he'd much rather go to their room and snog.

In fact, he may have attempted to snog Harry multiple times throughout their date, but either Draco chickened out or Harry was completely oblivious to the subtle hints he dropped. Or maybe it was both.

"I don't think Draco is to blame, to be honest," Harry commented. "In hindsight, I wasn't that obvious about it."

"You know his timetable by heart," Weasley deadpanned.

"I know all of your timetables by heart!" Harry defended himself.

"No you don't." Ron scoffed. "You always forget that Hermione has ancient runes during our Wednesday free period!"

"Okay, fine," Harry rolled his eyes. "I know most of your timetables by heart," he amended.

"You notice when he skips a meal," Weasley continued.

Draco snickered. "Do you really?"

Harry flushed. "Again, I notice when all of you skip a meal!"

"You don't even notice when you skip a meal! And you know how he likes his tea—"

"Only because he adds the milk first, like an absolute heathen! It's like a bloody train wreck, you just can't look away!"

Pansy nodded solemnly. "It was a bitch to get used to," she agreed.

"What about the map, then?" Weasley asked. "Do you have an excuse for that? You're always watching him on it!"

"I don't think you can get yourself out of that one, Harry," Granger said sympathetically.

"That's because I thought he was up to something!"

Draco, who had no idea what 'Map' they were talking about, raised a finger in the air. "Actually, Potter, I believe your exact words were that you're 'concerned for my safety.'"

"It's true!" Harry gestured wildly. "With everything that goes on in this damn school, you never know what could happen!"

"You literally bonded to him because you couldn't stop thinking about him for three fucking seconds!"