Prologue - The Birth Of Alyra

"when things break, it's not the actual breaking that prevents them from getting back together again. it's because a little piece gets lost - the two remaining ends couldn't fit together even if they wanted to."

There were once 4 elven kingdoms that lived separately in harmony and peace. There was the Fire kingdom, the Water kingdom, the Earth kingdom and the Air kingdom. Each kingdom was based upon a natural element. The royal family of each kingdom protected their own stones, and without these stones, the kingdoms would slowly die off. These kingdoms never interacted but for the yearly ball. The ball was held on a large island, larger than all of the other islands combined, in the middle of said kingdoms. The ball was a splendid affair, and all four of the kingdoms thoroughly enjoyed being able to meet new people, but the second the clock struck 2 am the four kingdoms separated and returned to their own islands. It was forbidden for the kingdoms to socialize outside of this time period, with severe punishment befalling those who broke this rule. This was how it had been for many years, too many to count, but one year this all changed. Naylen, the prince of earth and Nilaya, the princess of fire had been friends for quite some time now and finally realized how deeply in love they were. Terrified they would be forbidden to meet if their parents found out, they meticulously planned for them to live on the island the ball was hosted on. Surprisingly Axiliya, the princess of air and Althidon, the prince of water had been cursed with the same love and joined arms. Over the next year, the four friends built up a following consisting of cross-kingdom lovers in each of their respective kingdoms. When the time came they packed their bags and hid on the middle island, each of the royal children bringing along a small piece of their stones. Once together they bonded these four stones and created the most powerful element, the Novum stone. The Novum stone was kept in the center of the kingdom that would soon be known as The Kingdom of Alyra. Unfortunately, the four elemental kingdoms did not agree with this Alyra and launched a war that would go on for many years. While the greatest war known to Elvenkind raged on the four leaders of Alyra found joy in their newly born children. Flinar (Flin) Daxador, the son of Althadon and Axiliya, and Leilani Leophera (whom everyone lovingly referred to as Lei), the daughter of Naylen and Nilaya. Being a new kingdom, Alyra had quite the learning curve during the war, and regretfully the ruling parents died. By sheer luck, the royal children survived, and Flin was sent to the Other side (or planet earth as we know it) with one-half of the Novum stone. Soon after Flin was sent away Alyra achieved a shaky peace with the other kingdoms, and while Flin grew up with his adoptive parents on his version of earth Lei was taught how to rule. On Lei's 16th birthday it is revealed that in order for her to reign fairly she needed Flin's and his half of the stone. After a short screaming match with her best friend and advisor, Lei sets off to find Flin...