Part 3

Lei froze as the light faded away. Instead of appearing in front of her castle like she was supposed to, she found herself standing on the edge of a volcano. "Holy shit!" Lei started. "Oh." She had forgotten about the boy. She turned to look at him. He was hot by most human standards, with high cheekbones and a lopsided grin that Lei knew would sweep the ladies of the court of their feet back at the castle. It might've even swept her off her feet a bit, but Lei shoved that feeling deep down inside her. There was no time for childish feelings. She realized she was staring at him, but luckily the boy was too busy trying not to fall into the pit of lava to notice. Suddenly he slipped on a small pebble, and as he fell, fell to what would quite possibly be his death, Lei contemplated the fact that such a small object could flip all of Alyra upside down. If she couldn't be queen the Elemental kingdoms would take over, and incarcerate all of the crossbreed children in Alyra. "Woah!" He grinned up at her. The boy was floating in the lava like it was nothing more than a human hot tub. "Huh," Lei remembered then. If she was a crossbreed that meant he was too. Their powers didn't work in the human world, but the second they passed over they were back to normal. Or at least Lei's version of normal. The boy, who Lei remembered was called Flin, looked amazed. Climbing out he perched on the side of the volcano. "Your birth mother was Axiliya Daxidor, the former princess of the fire kingdom," Lei explained. After her initial anger, she had started to feel bad for dragging poor Flin into such a mess. "Your birth father was Althidon Daxidor, from the Earth kingdom." She sat down next to Flin and explained what had happened to their parents. "Wow. I always knew I was adopted but from an elven kingdom? Was not expecting that." Flin grinned. "So, what were you saying about those powers?" Lei got up and precariously peeked over the edge of the volcano. Turning, she smirked at Flin before falling backwards "Hey!" Flin yelled. Suddenly Lei shot up through the air. "I can fly and control a little bit of water here, but my powers are supposed to be much stronger in the Air and Water kingdoms. I wouldn't know though, I've never actually been." Looking down on Flin, she smiled. "I'm going to try and figure out where the heck we are." Flying higher, Lei allowed herself to identify that horrible feeling deep in her stomach. Was it... fear? Fear that probably stemmed from the fact that the stone hadn't worked properly. Lei looked around and came to a horrible conclusion. The fact that the stone hadn't worked as one of her smallest fears now. Now she had a new fear, a fear that they were stuck in the forbidden Fire Kingdom.