Dreaming

When I lay my head on the pillow
The demons that swirl like mist come to inhabit my dreams.
I am tormented.
I am on the brink of disaster.

Today, in science class, I became aware. I am referred to as the "crazy girl" for my theories. That this world is just my imagination. That the dream world I'm living in is a merciless and callous one. I was memorizing the features of my classmates, trying to distort them.

But as much as I tried, it didn't work. As I was glancing around, they all shifted in their seats. The students turned their heads around, and they all stared at me. Their eyes were wide, and cold. Such a feeling as I had never felt before came creeping up my spine. I stood up, clasping my hands together. I stepped over to the nearest girl, grabbing her by the shoulders. Her head lolled, her eyes fixated. I looked around, terrified. Everyone was frozen. I ran out of that hell, into another. It seemed as if time had stopped infinitely. Students were mid-walk, eyes wide, and mouths open. (They all looked incredibly stupid, but I didn't have time to dwell on that.)

I ran back to my house, which was a few blocks away from my school. Cars were frozen in the streets, the clouds had even stopped moving. What was I experiencing? Armageddon? Doomsday? What the hell was going on?!

When I got home, I was alone. I locked myself in my room, armed with my pistol and a butcher knife. I prayed, hoping that the people would just "wake up" or something. I didn't want to be alone for eternity.

I just hope this dream will end soon.
I hate dreaming.
So come hell or high water, I will find a way out! I will not be restrained to this hellish and cruel dream any longer.