15

"You think whatever's going on inside is causing the cold front?" Diego yells as we pile out of the car and into the snow filled air. Vanya's brought us to a farm, and for some reason practically everything is covered in snow even though it's the middle of summer...

Vanys looks around frantically, yelling "Sissy! Sissy!"

A woman emerges from the barn, cocking her gun and pointing it right at us. "Get back! All of you, just get the hell back!"

"Sissy! Hey! Hey! What's wrong?"

Vanya rushes to the woman but is stopped by the angry look on her face. "Carl."

"What did he do to you?"

"He's... He's dead. Harlan tossed him aside like a rag doll, same way you sent those policemen flyin'. What did you do to him? What the hell did you do to my son?"

"We don't have time for this." Diego mutters and starts for the barn, I follow after him.

The woman turns her gun at us and Diego pushes me behind him, reaching out an arm to try to calm the woman as she yells at us, "Where you think you're going?"

"To help your son." He tells her, but she's not convinced.

"Look, Sissy, I found my family." Vanya starts, motioning to us. "These are my brothers and my sisters."

"Ma'am." Luther says awkwardly and I've got to bite my tongue to keep from laughing.

"Were you lyin' to me the whole time?" Sissy asks, beginning to lower her gun.

"Of course not. Look, I didn't know who I was. But I do now. And we are not the monsters that they say we are. We did not kill the president. We are not terrorists. We're not here to hurt anyone."

"Then... Who are you?"

"The only ones who can help Harlan."

...

"Harlan?" Vanya yells as we rush into the barn. "Harlan, it's Vanya! Look, Harlan, I know you're really scared, but I can help you. I need you to listen to me, okay? Can you do that?"

I rush in behind her to see a boy, not even 12 years old, levitating in mid-air and surrounded by blue light. The boy doesn't respond to her, he just continues to gasp for air. He's clearly in pain.

"Karla, take my hand." Vanya says, and I do as I'm told. Her eyes light up just like they did during the first apocalypse and we step the the blue barrier, energy flashing around us. She turns to whisper to me, "Wait until I calm him down, and then you can do your healing thing."

I simply nod, standing back as Vanya walks closer and closer to the boy, speaking to him the entire time.

"Harlan? I don't know if you can hear me, it's Vanya. You don't have to do this!"

Hey Karla, some random jackasses named the Handler and Lila just showed up, they hold any significance to you?

Fuck.

Well that's reassuring! Diego and Five are going to figure out what they want, you need anything in there?

Uh... for this kid to stop levitating? I thought we left the exorcist back in 2019...

"Harlan, I can help!"

Ooo I'm gonna go see what they want, and maybe even where she got that coat it is faboulous...

Okay Klaus you go do that, I'll stay here with the kid and Vanya. Give me a holler if anything happens.

"Harlan, it's me! You can control this just let me show you how-"