Chapter 2 ✨

*Third Person Pov*

(Y/N) began walking out towards the field breathing in the sweet scent of the cool wind. Hiraeth immediately ran out into the field and let the wind detangle her mane and raced back and forth daring the wind to a race. (Y/N) smiled and rolled her eyes, walking forwards and following after Hiraeth.

She noticed a strange house in the distance and began walking towards it. (house descriptions may not be accurate, all I know is that it's a mushroom house) It was built into the side of a hill with a steady stream of smoke coming from the chimney. Wood planks were covered with neatly trimmed vines and colorful mushrooms climbing up the sides.

She noticed a just a few steps away from the house a brown-haired boy, looking through the grass searching for something. He wore a light blue long sleeved with a small red and white rectangle in the middle of it. He wore white thick rimmed glasses in his brown hair.

(Y/N) noticed a diamond/netherite shovel lying nearby her foot. She picked it up and gently tapped the boy's shoulder. "Is this yours?"

The boy whipped around in surprise and saw his shovel. "Oh thanks!" he took the shovel and put it in his hotbar, "My names George by the way." He paused and then looked at (Y/N) cautiously, "Do you happen to be new here?"

(Y/N) nodded. "Do you happen to know what L'manburg is?" he asked. "No... I don't" (Y/N) responded, "What is that supposed to be anyway?" George began to walk towards his house. "It's a country." (Y/N) followed after him, "Well, it's sounds like a pretty shit name for a country. A 5 year old could've come up with a better name."  George turned and smiled, "I didn't happen to catch your name."

"(Y/N)"

Hiraeth trotted towards (Y/N) as she noticed her walking away. George noticed the white horse and petted it before pulling out a carrot from his hotbar and tossing it to her. Being extra dramatic as Hiraeth was, she raced towards the carrot, caught it and landed perfectly. The wind blew back her hair and the sun seemed to shine brighter. George began to work on his house again, occasionally asking (Y/N) to hand him some tools in a nearby chest.

"Hey, would you think some lanterns would look good here?" George asked. (Y/N) nodded and looked in the chest. No lanterns. "George I don't think there are any lanterns." She said.

"Any Iron?"

"Nope."

"I think I've got some in another chest but it's all the way over there."

(Y/N) tied up Hiraeth at a fence post before walking off with George.

George walked ahead while (Y/N) followed. "So do you know anywhere where I can build a house or get a job or anything like that?" (Y/N) asked. George seemed to flinch, "No, I don't think now would be the best time to settle down and build a house." 'Why not?" (Y/N) questioned. George turned and looked at (Y/N), "Because right now we're at war."

WORD COUNT: 512