Till my last breath

Requested by: SerpentJia

Warning ⚠: Character death, angst, grammar errors

Till my last breath I wish I could reside in your arms, Lee Suho.

Something inside had fallen, something felt empty after what the doctor said that day.... 'He only has a month to live, there is nothing we can do for him, I'm sorry'

I tried to put on a smile as my mother and I swallowed those words, she gave me a hug, the warmest hug as we both tried not to break down.

Lee Suho visited a week ago, looking beautiful as ever, even the sight of him made my heart flutter and my cheeks would redden up, his smile was mesmerising, his voice was angelic, he was my best friend, the best friend I've always been in love with.

"Get better soon, I miss you at school" he said as he sat on a stool next to me, he brought me a fresh bouquet of white tulips, he did know they were my favorite didn't he?

I gave him a warm smile, "I will soon, don't you worry too much" I answered, no I was not ready to tell him yet, I was not ready to let him know that I only had a month to be by his side.

Our warm conversation was disturbed by a phone call, he excused himself and walked to the porch, I knew who exactly it was 'Lim Jugyeong' his girlfriend, I could not understand what he was saying but by the way he laughed and talked in such a sweet and loving voice, it hurt me, I clenched my fists, they were already getting weak but anger took over me and I clenched my fists till my knuckles turned white.

'Why can't she just leave him alone for once? Why can't she just let me spend time with him and him alone even for once?' I began to think, I knew I was being selfish but I couldn't help it.

He gave me a warm hug before leaving, "I'll visit soon" he said.

The second time he visited was on a warm Sunday,

We sat on a bench, on the solituded hospital terrace, the wind was blowing gently caressing his skin, as a smile was evident on his face, he stared up at the blue sky, as we continued to talk.

I loved to hear him talk, he told me about how everything was at school and how all our friends deeply missed me, I smiled, I could hear him talk all day, his voice was so soothing, it could lull a monster to a peaceful sleep.

But my smile soon turned into a fake one as he began to talk about a certain someone, Lim Jugyeong, he began to tell me about their dates, their kisses, and how beautiful she was and that he was really lucky to have her.

"Can you not?" I blurted out as I could no longer hear of her, he was very confused, "Why? Don't you like Jugyeong?" he asked me, I let out a sigh, I guess it was high time he knew about my feelings, I was going to die anyways, it didn't matter if I got rejected.