introduction

Hello!

Are you new to a fandom and want to make an OC but you have no idea how to make it fit into the universe?

Perhaps you have an idea for a fanchild OC but you always end up with something that looks more like a character fusion?

Well you've come to the right place! Today i am going to be teaching you how to make a good fan character for your favorite video game, tv show, movie or whatever else you love!

Quick disclaimer though: i'm just teaching you the things i've learned from my own experience being an artist so think of this more like a beginner's guide if anything, you don't have to follow my advice if you don't want to! Besides, it's fun to break the rules sometimes!

Also, this will be focusing more on the character design side of things and not how to WRITE a good character, that and this is pretty strictly for FAN characters, if you want some good tutorials on how to make good designs in general, i highly recommend these videos by vernie green and super eyepatch wolf over on youtube!

(Though SEW's video isn't exactly a TUTORIAL and is more an analysis on different character designs in anime but still, it helped me out a LOT when i was first starting out!)

So anyways, let's get started shall we?