Chapter 8

Alone we can do so little, together we can do so much

Unedited
Bethany

I tears rolled down my face unconsciously. I couldn't stop them.

I looked over to Nick, but his face held an expression of fear. Making my cry more.
"Please, stop! You don't have to tell me. I'll wait." he explained, helping me sober up.

I nodded my head, and he sighed in relief. I stood up straight and grabbed the keys on the key holder. I really wasn't sure which key was which, out of the thousand that were on the hooks.

I was walking toward the door, when Nick snatched the keys from me.
"Maybe I should drive."

I didn't make a big deal out of it. He was right, I was in no condition to drive. But I wasn't that weak.

We walked out the door and into the drive way. He raised his hand and clicked the clicker, to find the car. There was a small beep, locating the car.

I lazily walked over and fell in.
"Which store?"
"The closest."

"Dad? I... uh... have the food." I yelled.
"Okay, just go now." He replied quickly.

I hooked Nicks arm with mine and tried to drag him out. But of course I failed.

"No, wait. What kind of man would do this to there daughter?" He said to me.
"Who!?" He, then, yelled out.
"Why are you avoiding her!" He screamed.

"Bethany, I don't know who that is, but I need you both to leave!"

"No! Come face us!" Nick wouldn't back down, "why can't you just talk to her! Bethany has been here for you! And what do you do to repay her?! Leave her hanging! Lost in the dark!?"

I tried pulling on his arms, but...

"Bethany!" A woman ran out she had dark locks, green eyes and a distinguished look.

"Bethany!" The woman cried bringing me into her arms.
"What is going on he-" I felt an intense pain erupt from my stomach and up. I push the older woman off of her and I laid down on the floor, releasing some pain.

Nick towered over me, "Baby! What's wrong!"
I grunted in pain as a response.

"Call my pack!" Was all I heard before my hearing faded out, the soon after my sight.

Super short, but I just can't think straight. I'm not sure if someone was talking about me today, but I just can't stop thinking about it. I wish I could rip out my mind.