A Kitten?

"Willow, Tara, come in," Sarah smiles at the couple, letting them into the house.
    "Ah, Willow, Tara, how are you?" Giles asks.
    "We're great, we just wanted to come by and see how you two are doing. You haven't been around much since the school burned down."
    "Well, we've just been laying low. Watching tv," Sarah says.
    "I was wondering, Tara's sister breeds cats and we have a bunch of kittens. Would you two want one?"
    "A kitten?" Giles says, crossing his arms.
    "Yeah, look at this little fluffy baby," Willow says in a "cutesie" voice.
    She passes a small kitten to Giles who rolls his eyes before taking a liking to the kitten.
    "Aww, Rupert, can we keep her?" Sarah asks, putting the kitten.
    "I suppose."
    Sarah smiles, kissing him.
    "Aww," Willow says, staring at them.

**

    "Giles," Buffy runs into the house, Sarah and Giles look up at her.
    "Buffy, what happened?" Giles asks, seeing the blood all over her.
    "It doesn't matter right now. Willow is back on the magics. She's going to kill Warren."
    "Kill Warren? Why?"
    "Tara's dead."
    "Sarah, stay here, I'll take care of this one."
    Sarah nods and he kisses her goodbye. When they reach Willow Warren had been dead for at least an hour and Xander is standing in front of Willow, bleeding.
    "Willow," Giles jumps in front of Xander and gets hit with Willows's magic.
    He grunts, stumbling back, seeing guilt in Willow's eyes.
    "Willow, I know you're hurting, but killing your friends isn't going to help you. It's not going to help Tara. Is this what she would have wanted?"
    "It doesn't matter now. She's dead," she shoots Giles again and he stumbles again.
    "You came to me when you were hurting, please Willow. Just talk to me. Like before."
    "This isn't like before," Willow lets out a sob.
    "Willow, just come with me. You're a good person. We all love you."
    Willow tries to shoot him again, but nothing happens as she sobs.
    "I love you Willow, I don't want to see you make things worse for yourself." He steps towards her and Willow falls into his arms, crying harder than before.
    He holds her close to his chest, slowly falling to the ground with her as her hair turns back from black to red.
    "Everything is going to be okay," he whispers, stroking her hair.
    "How would you feel if Sarah died?"
    "A lot like this. Come on, I'll take you back to my house and we can talk, okay."
    Willow nods and Giles leads her to his car.
    "Buffy, get Xander to a hospital and see if he needs stitches," Giles calls back.
    When they get back to the house Willow slumps onto the couch. Sarah looks over at Willow and passes her a cup of tea. Giles kisses Sarah who stares quizically at his collar bone.
    "What happened to you?" She asks, staring at a large cut.
    "I'll tell you all about it later."
    Giles sits next to Willow, who sets down her cup of tea, resting her head on Giles' shoulder, exhausted.
    "I'm so sorry," she says and Giles wraps an arm around her.
    "I know, we don't blame you."
    "I'm so tired."
    "Follow me, you can stay in our guest bedroom."
    Willow nods and Giles takes her to the bedroom, leaving her alone. He walks out to Sarah and she sighs, jumping up onto the kitchen counter with a damp cloth. He walks over to her and she gently dabs his cut with the cloth.
    "What happened?"
    "Warren shot Tara, she died in Willow's arms and she lost control." Giles sighs, "she was just a kid."
    "Speaking of kids, do you want any?"
    Giles hesitates, her question catches him off guard. "I suppose, someday, yes. Why?"
    "Well, I mean, I only have so much time before I can't have kids anymore."
    "When do you want a, a um, a baby?"
    Sarah laughs, "about ten years ago."
    Giles laughs along with her.
    "I don't know, within the next couple of years," she says.
    Giles nods, "we can do that."
    "You don't have to just because I want a baby."
    "I know I don't, but I love you and we've been together for a year now."
    Sarah smiles, kissing him.