Chapter 8.2

"He looks fine," Mark commented on the recent photo of Can that Tin specially ordered to buy this morning. "You're not going to use it to masturbate, are you?" Tin managed to throw the cruelest death glare ever thrown at humans in history.

"Just saying." And Mark was even more successful at putting on a look of indifference. "I mean there's some kind of code of conduct not to do 'that' with your imagination about your ex?" Mark fiddled with his brows, throwing the look Tin categorized 'indecent' in his dictionary.

"We were never a couple." Mark silenced Tin's melancholy response. They were enjoying their late lunch at a five-star restaurant.

Today there was a big meeting at Tin's perfume brand.

Some financiers questioned Tin's legitimacy as the leader of their project after he was no longer recognized as the Haverfield family.

But a warrant clearly signed by Richard Haverfield managed to silence them for the time being.

Unfortunately, the letter arrived late, so a heated debate ensued. The last half hour before the meeting ended, after spending almost 3 hours in that oval room, Mark started thinking about the right words to write a resignation letter to the company where he worked for the last 5 years.

Somehow, something about watching his beloved Boss get insulted by those holy-pretentious capitalists made Mark extremely disgusted by this business.

He thought about making his own version of Tyler Durden and blowing up the entire Haverfield company and subsidiaries.

Or might start protests in the streets and carry a poster that said 'STOP CAPITALISM! DESTROY THE TYRANT HAVERFIELD!'

"Stop that face Mark, how many times have I told you even though I'm not Haverfield anymore I won't follow you to hold a long march against my own family name," Tin said casually as he flipped the next page which still contained Can's photos. Mark just put the least manly pouting on his face. Tin frowned. One word of his expression read, Disgusting.

So he decided to refocus on Can instead of responding to Mark. Tin loved this photoshoot theme. Can was rarely in this style. Tin was a little obsessed with the dark aura Can was emitting from his photos.

Like he was wearing a mask without wearing a mask.

As if it was not him who moved his self.

Can was dressed in all black and stood in a room decorated with a black statue depicting a winged creature with large horns and sharp eyes. Can looked powerful but at the same time was trapped by something.

Tin liked this photo session compared to other photo sessions which mostly showed the image of Can as pure, holy, or sometimes a little childish. Some were sexier, and okay, Tin liked Can's sexy photos too. But somehow, he favored this photo over the other photos.

How Can portrayed the emptiness in his eyes. How his smile didn't feel interpreting kindness. Neither was a crime. It was just plain. Dull.

There was no meaning.

This thing thrilled Tin, as well as making him worry.

"Did you notice?" Mark started talking again after finishing eating chocolate ice cream which was sprinkled with chocolate pudding with vanilla syrup and strawberries as a dessert.

"What?" Tin finally took his focus off his magazine and closed the magazine. Putting it carefully on the table so that the position according to him was quite safe, not too middle and exposed to food and not too edge in case the magazine fell.

"Sammy told me." Tin rolled his eyes at the strange friendship/partnership that had existed between Mark and Sammy. "Shut up," Mark said irritably and then resumed his sentence, "So, we accidentally met yesterday at the coffee shop. Can was doing an interview with a radio station near our agency. He said lately Can seemed to be experiencing a regression."