'𝟎𝟒

excuse all mistakes.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐄𝐌 𝐍𝐀𝐒𝐀𝐉 𝐁𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐄𝐓𝐓.
⥊𝘌𝘈𝘚𝘛 𝘕𝘌𝘞 𝘠𝘖𝘙𝘒, 𝘉𝘙𝘖𝘖𝘒𝘓𝘠𝘕, 𝘕𝘠 ⥊
𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐂𝐇 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟓, 𝟏𝟏:𝟒𝟏 𝐚.𝐦.
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"Harlem, what's wrong?" Harlem's teacher questioned, causing Harlem to stop spacing out and look at her teacher. "You've been spacing out multiple times today, what's the problem?"

Harlem shook her head, sitting up a little more at the small, wooden desk and grabbing her pencil that sat near her worksheet.

"Nothing, I'm just tired. I wasn't able to sleep," She responded softly, and it was the truth.

The spiral of events that happened 2 nights prior traumatized Harlem to the point where she couldn't sleep. If she tried to, all she could see was the 'Kaze' man pressing the metallic pocket knife against Tribute's neck.

She flinched a little and reached up to touch her own neck just thinking about it, her silver chunky bracelets clinking against each other.

Harlem immediately felt sick to her stomach, making her make a slight face.

"Can I go out? I don't feel well," Harlem spoke and her teacher's eyes widened a little.

"Take the hall pass hun." Harlem nodded and wasted no time getting up and grabbing the flimsy hall pass that was hanging on the pale blue classroom wall.

She left out of the classroom and the cool hallway air hit her face, making her exhale in relief. Walking down the hall, she noticed Naji, Blick, and Rome leaning against the wall of the staircase and talking among themselves.

"Oh, wassup Lotti?" Rome looked up and nodded at her, leaning in to dap the pretty brown skin girl up.

Rome was a dark skin boy who favored the notorious Bobby Shmurda in a way, and Lotti grew up in the same hood as him.

"Wassup mama." Naji gave Harlem a side hug, wrapping his arm around her small waist as she shyly hugged him back, chewing the inside of her cheek to keep herself from smiling hardly.

Harlem had a crush on Naji for the longest and he knew it.

"Where you boutta go?" Blick furrowed his thin eyebrows a little and she nudged her head down the hallway, which led to the nurses' office all the way at the end.

"The nurse. Why are you guys in the hallway, skipping again?" Blick and Rome nodded while Naji shook his head, running his hands over the spinning waves in his dark brown hair.

"Nah, I knew you was boutta be out here so I chilled wit' them for a minute." He stuffed his hands inside the pockets of his grey Nike hoodie, leaning against the stairwell wall.

Harlem usually came out around the same time every day to go to the nurse, because of her low iron, but she was surprised that Naji even paid attention to that.

"Well, I'm tryna bother the principal anyways so we goin' witchu." Rome wrapped his arm around Lotti's shoulder and Naji sucked his teeth a little, showing his green train tracks. "My bad, my bad, damn."