'𝟏𝟐

please excuse all mistakes,
I proofread like 100 times.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
𝐊𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐒 𝐓𝐀'𝐉𝐀𝐄 𝐋𝐀𝐖𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄.
⥊𝘌𝘈𝘚𝘛 𝘕𝘌𝘞 𝘠𝘖𝘙𝘒, 𝘉𝘙𝘖𝘖𝘒𝘓𝘠𝘕, 𝘕𝘠⥊
𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐄 𝐀𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐋 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟓, 𝟔:𝟒𝟓 𝐚.𝐦.
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

It was silent.

Only the sound of cars driving could faintly be heard on the Brooklyn streets down below from Kross's window, but Kross couldn't hear them anyways.

The teenager had been sprawled out across his twin-sized mattress, his shoulders rising and dropping with every breath he took in the deep sleep he was currently in.

There were prominent dark circles under his eyes, as a result of him not getting enough sleep throughout the past few days— his mother kicking him out almost every night. He looked at ease for once, although his dark brows were slightly furrowed due to the dream he was having.

"Kai Kai, say Kross," 13-year-old Kross spoke as he held his 1-year-old sister, Kilan, carefully on his lap and she smiled at him before grabbing a fistful of his hair. "Nah don't eat my hair, it don't taste good."

"Eat!" She shrieked and Kross couldn't help but smile at the young girl, who placed a small, chubby dark brown hand on his cheek before leaning in to place a sloppy and spotty kiss on his nose.

"Thank you," Kross told her, wiping his nose off before tickling her stomach with his fingertips, causing fits of laughter to erupt from the baby. "You ticklish?"

"Dop!" The baby shrieked in-between laughs, the small dimples that pierced her cheeks showing along with the small teeth in her mouth. "Koss!"

A small—but rather solemn—grin appeared on the boy's canvas at the memory dream while he slumbered peacefully for the first time in a while.

But, a loud alarm began to blare from the small phone that was hidden in the messy covers, causing the faint memory to slip away from his conscience. Kross jumped up panicked, his eyes going wide as he searched for the iPhone 6 to cut off the alarm, hoping that his mother didn't hear it.

His heartbeat was audible in his ears as he fumbled to turn the noisy alarm off, tapping his thumb on the dim orange snooze button and making the room go silent once again. The only other sound was the boy's heavy breathing due to him being startled, and he fumbled on his sheets for his asthma pump.

Inside his chest began to get a bit tight, so he rushed to put the blue piece of plastic between his lips and pump the medicine into his mouth a few times. He wheezed lowly, the inside of his chest having a burning sensation very briefly as he inhaled and exhaled a few times.

Fuck bro.

Luckily, the medicine began to work its magic not even a minute later, his chest was no longer tight or burning. Kross rubbed his eyes lazily as he fully woke up, a yawn escaping his lips as he shifted his vision to the lightened screen of his iPhone, seeing it was almost 7 a.m.

A bit of light peeked in through his window, but it wasn't too much, due to it drizzling softly. He hoped it didn't storm while he was in school because he didn't have a raincoat or an umbrella.