Chapter 1

Jacqueline Sloane walked through the elevator doors, hand-in-hand with her husband. Jethro Gibbs chuckled at a joke his wife made. "You can't always have your own way, Jack," he said. "Rule 51: Sometimes you're wrong," Jack said. They walked together to Jethro's desk; with coffee in one hand and the love of their lives's hand in the other.
Jack sat on the edge of his desk, smiling. "Welp. The lovebirds are back," Torres said, obviously getting jealous because he didn't have a girlfriend. He had a crush on Bishop since he saw her but couldn't tell her because of Gibbs's rule 12. 'Never date a coworker.' "Ooo. Nick's jealous," Jack says, laughing.
"I am not!," Torres snaps. "What? Noone likes your hair routine?," Bishop teases him. Jack and Bishop laugh. "Everyone loves my hair routine, Eleanor," Torres says her full first name and everyone is shocked because he's never said it before.
"Nick! Cool it down. We were just joking," Jack said in a stern voice, looking at him. "I'm sorry," Torres says, looking down. "It's fine. Woke up on the wrong side of the bed. We all have those mornings. You just have to take a breather and choose to be happy," Jack says in a calm voice.
Jethro smiles. "Thank you, Jack," Torres says, smiling at her. "No problem, Nick. Anytime," Jack says, smiling. "Have you fallen in love with him now?," Jethro teases Jack. "Jethro! You know, I'll love you for all eternity," Jack says, smirking at him.
"Ooo. Lovebird Island," McGee says, walking into the bullpen. Jethro's phone buzzed. He looked at it. "Sorry, honey. We gotta go. Grab your gear!," Jethro gives Jack a "goodbye" kiss to Jack and grabs his gear; heading for the elevator.