Chapter 4

Previously on Slibbs: Book #3: She's Gone & I'm The Reason Why: Director Vance sent both Jacqueline Sloane and Jethro Gibbs on a mission to save a group of girls that were kidnapped by men. They're walking in an abandoned hospital that they were told the men could be hiding the girls in when Jack screams. One of the men grabbed her and had a gun to her head and a knife to her throat. Jethro now has to choose to save Jack or the girls.
    Jethro took a deep breath. He was mad at himself for even hesitating on his decision. He couldn't bear the thought of being the reason Jack died. But he also knew he wouldn't be able to look himself in the eye if those girls died. Jack nodded at him. "Go. Save the girls. They're younger. They have the rest of their lives left. If I die, let everyone know that I love them, call Faith, make sure I'm buried with the rest of the Wingos, and Jethro, I love you more than you'll ever know," Jack told him with her eyes.
    "I'm gonna go save the girls and come back for you. Hold on. This is NOT goodbye. I love you to the moon and back," Jethro told her with his eyes. He looked like he was going to fall apart. He loved her so much and didn't want to leave her but he had to.
    Jethro looked at Jack one last time and ran outside. He made a quick phone call to McGee and told him what was going on. He told him he needed back-up. He ran back in and located the girls. He could hear them in a small room just a few feet from the door that leads outside. He looked through a peep-hole in the wall and saw a man in there, about to shoot one of the girls.
    He knew he had to get into that room before he heard that gunshot. It would've traumatized the girls even more than they already were. He bust through the door with his gun in his hand. He pointed the gun at the man; knowing that shooting him would traumatize them too. "Girls! Run through the door!," Jethro yelled at the girls.
    After all of the girls had run out of the room, Jethro blocked the doorway so they couldn't peek in and see him shoot the man. Without hesitation, he shot the man in the head and ran to the girls. Torres and Bishop were both with them and as he approached they asked if he was okay. "Yeah, yeah. I'm fine. I'm going back in," he said, sprinting inside. "Why?," Torres yelled after him. "Jack!," Jethro yelled back. Jack.