Chapter 3

"Jack, are you sure you're okay?," Vance asked Jack. He was standing up next to Jack now. "Yeah, yeah. I'm fine. I just had to process everything," Jack replied, forcing a smile. "Process what?," Jethro asked, now sitting on the edge of Vance's desk looking at her. "Just thinking. Nothing major," Jack said, standing up.
Jethro and Jack were now on their way to the Old Naval Hospital. They were riding in Jethro's truck. It had been a quiet ride since the beginning. Finally, Jethro broke the silence. "So, I'm going to go in and if I don't come out with the girls in 30 minutes, call for back-up," he said. Jack looked at Jethro as if he were crazy.
"I'm coming with you," Jack said, taking a breath. "No you're not," Jethro looks at Jack for a moment with a confused look. "I was assigned to this case by Vance and I'm not letting him down," Jack said, sternly. "Jack..," Jethro started but stopped. "Look, Cowboy. I wouldn't be able to look myself in the mirror if something happened to you if I wasn't in there," she says, a tear dropping from her eye. She wipes it off quickly; hoping Jethro didn't see it. But he did.
Jack had managed to convince Jethro to let her go in with him. Jethro was taking extra precautions so nothing would happen to her. They walked in, guns in their hands, looking around the old and abandoned hospital. Jethro had Jack stand behind him but very close so he knew if something were to happen to her. They were in the middle of looking around, when Jethro heard Jack scream. The sound filling up the room they were in. He quickly turned around and saw a man holding a gun to her head and a knife to her throat.
"If you hurt her I'm going to kill you, ya son of a bitch!," Jethro yells at the man. "Ha ha ha. I bet. Now put your gun down or I'm going to kill her and you'll never see this woman again," The man said, chuckling a bit. Jack could see the worried expression on Jethro's face. She was worried herself.
Jethro could see the man pressing harder on the knife that was against Jack's throat. He started getting nervous. What was he going to do? How would he save the girls and Jack? Would he run and get back-up, risking both the girls and Jack's lives? Would he save Jack and let the girls die or would he save the girls and let the love of his life; his wife, die?

~Promotion to Chapter 4~
It was an impossible decision. What will Leroy Jethro Gibbs decide to do in this situation? His decision could change everything. It would risk his wife, Jacqueline Sloane and the girls's lives. Will he choose to save Jack or the girls? Find out in Chapter 4!