lay your head on me

this was requested :)

mayas pov
I was torn out of my sleep hearing a sound I haven't in weeks...
My alarm...
It became a routine, that I was woken up by my gorgeous Italian, kissing me awake, before she was getting ready for work.
Half asleep I grabbed my phone, turning the alarm off to stop the annoying sound.
It was half past six, carina would be in the bathroom already getting ready for work I thought.
I turned around yawning in my pillow when I saw that the Italian was laying beside me, curled up in the blankets. She was facing the wall.

"Hey, hey carina you need to get up." I whispered, caressing her arm.

No response, she still was really fast asleep, which was very atypical for her, she was the first one getting up, making breakfast and vibing to her Italian music.
The last part didn't happened very much recently... it had only been three month since her brother died, and everything related to Italy made her cry.

"Carina, babe wake up." I called a little bit louder this time, gently shaking her arm.

Finally she seemed to wake up as she turned around.
When I saw her I was shook
"Baby are you feeling alright?" I asked despite the fact that she didn't looked well at all.
She was pale, cold sweat covering her face...
"I'm..." she started as her voice cracked and turned into a whisper.
"I... I don't know, how late is it?"

"6:35" I replied and saw carina getting up...

"Heyy... hey lay down again, you're sick, you're staying home today."

She looked at me, trying to raise her voice while saying
"But they need me today" which came out as a mix of her voice being raspy, or completely loosing its sound.

"Carina, they don't need sick doctors, who infect the patients." I countered.

She sighed as she finally sank into the bed again, pulling the bedsheets up to her chin.

"Don't you have to go?" she asked me whispering while she closed her eyes.

"I'm not gonna leave you alone, when you're sick."

"But Maya -" she croaked out.

"Shhh..." I soothed her while slowly stroking her arm.

"I'm gonna call the station, letting them know I'll be absent today, I'll be right back."

carinas pov
To be honest, I felt awful. But I don't wanna scare maya...
I woke up and instantly felt like I was awake for two days straight, having the biggest hangover, plus literally everything in my body hurted.
I felt hot and cold at the same time...

When I was sick, my brother would've always taken care of me, after my mom died and she couldn't check on me anymore.
He was the best. He did everything my mom did... but now I feel all alone, and I even told Maya to go to work, when I needed her the most right now.
I felt a tear dropping down my chin, which I quickly wiped away.
I didn't wanted to let Maya know.

"Bishop, where are you?" Andy asked over the phone, wondering why her captain isn't on time.

"Andy can you cover for me today?" she asked.

"Is everything okay? Are you sick?"
Andy replied right away having a worried tone in her voice.

"I'm okay, but Carina is... she looks awful. I know I should just go to work but since..." she paused, taking a breath.
"I... I just don't want her to be alone right now..."

"Yeah I get that, you should keep an eye on her."

"Oh and can you tell Warren to inform Bailey Carina is off work today?"