Seven

*unedited*

November 7, 2020

Your finger was flush against the buzzer. After about twenty seconds, you released it and waited for the crackling of a voice to come through. When it didn't, your finger was on the buzzer again. It was late, but Sarah was probably up—and even if she wasn't, she wasn't a very heavy sleeper. A shiver ran through your body and you looked at the darkened street behind you, just to make sure you were still alone. You were about to hit the button again when you heard the static.

"Hello?" It was Sarah.

"It's (Y/N)."

"What do you want?"

"Can I come up?"

"No."

You sighed and pressed the button. "Sarah, seriously. This is important. Please, let me up."

"Do you even know what time it is? Not that you would care if you woke me up considering you don't seem to care about anyone but—"

"Jesus, Sarah, just let her up." Mitch's voice cut through.

Their voices cut out and then the door buzzed which signaled it had been opened. You pushed through and walked straight to the elevator. On your way up to her floor, you tried to clear the mess of mascara from under your eyes, even though you knew it was a lost cause. Waterproof may have been a bitch to get off, but it would've saved you from looking like the mess you knew you were.

The door was open when you got to it and Mitch was there with his hand on the doorknob. His eyebrows shot up when he saw you.

"Oh, my god. Are you okay?" He grabbed your arm and pulled you inside with a look of concern on his face.

You forced a faint smile as he closed the door behind you. "Yeah, fine. Everything's fine."

"Do you even know what time it is? I don't even know why you thought I'd want to—oh." Sarah froze when she turned the corner from the living room and saw you standing there in your rumpled dress with tear stained cheeks. "What happened?"

You shrugged. "I happened."

"I—what does that mean?" Sarah asked as she walked over to you. Her eyes searched up and down your body for any sign of injury. She pinched the thick material of the coat between her fingers. "Is this Harry's coat?"

"What the fuck happened?" Mitch asked.

You shook your head and looked down as the tears began to fall. You bit down hard on your bottom lip and willed it to split—any kind of pain would be better than what you were feeling.

Sarah shoved Mitch. "Go get her some water." Sarah held onto your arm. "C'mon. Let's go sit." She led you over to the couch and sat next to you. Mitch appeared with a glass of water and sat on the floor next to the coffee table.

"What happened?" Sarah asked.

"I'm such a fucking idiot." You mumbled as you wiped the tears from under your eyes.

"You're not. Just—please tell me what happened." Sarah squeezed your knee. "Mitch help her." Sarah said before pointing to your heels.

Mitch hesitantly started undoing the tiny buckle on your right shoe, waiting for you to shoo him away, but you didn't. Your feet were killing you and it was nice to not have to be the one bothering with the tiny straps.

"Tonight was a fucking mess."

Sarah's brow furrowed. "Mitch said you and Harry were...good. That you two were, like, together."