Chapter 14 - Summer Breeze

The summer was ramping up and this little town was a buzz with every kind of person that you could imagine but that suited me fine as being in a crowd makes it easier to disappear.

Namjoon was to meet me later that night after work as it the Annual Lights festival in the town and there was always a rave on the beach each time the festival came, and well It would be a perfect time to flow into Joon again , and we could be in our blissful haze like everyone else and the warmer the weather was , the less I could acceptably wear and well I don't think either of us would complain.

The night was closing in and getting ready I was trying to tease Joon by text as much as I could , this is our game and I'm going to dick tease him all that I can.

He was trying to send me outfit ideas for him by MMS messages to which I just ignored and well some of them can go in the bean flicking bank for later , I mean a girl has needs right .

I painted the war paint on my face knowing full well if Namjoon gets hold of my face later , he may end up wearing it to, but heck I would be lying if I didnt want to cover areas of his body with it right now.

Yoongi was no where to be seen , but again he was the semi lodger and I guess he didnt owe me an explanation, but I made sure to put his favourite tuna in his dish and a couple of off ripe tangerines on the floor for him to play with.

I wanted to get work out of the way and get to the partying , and I packed all the necessary items in my handbag along with a bottle of water and slipped on the infamous boots that did the job in club Dark Hope and made my way towards the bar .

The air was awash with sirens, which normally didnt worry me too much, the world was a peaceful but violent place all the same and it didnt directly involve me so I tried to keep it out of my own eyeline for as long as I could, but lately it was getting closer.

The newspapers kept speaking of gang related violence, which again as I've said wasn't unusual for the world right now, and the crimes ranged from petty to pretty gruesome. I mean it was like whoever was doing this , was trying to make a point or just some noise. I didnt know but I would be lying if said it wasn't pricking my interest the closer it got to the hole I called my home.

Passing by the sirens, I tried to keep my eyeline away from the body bag on the floor , it wasn't my business to know and the path would be cleared soon enough and the regular drunk patrons would walk over the spot like nothing happened.

I felt a buzzing near my thigh, and I knew it was Joon ,and well lets see what the fucker wants

8.58pm 

Namjoon: I will have you naked by the end of the night Jagi 

I had become too accustomed to resigning myself to a sigh every time he did this 

8.59pm

Kat: I don't think the boss wants me naked Joon

9.00pm

Namjoon: Well I will be your leader ,so drop them ;)

I wasn't going to dignify him with answer, I would let him stew , and no doubt he will be propping up the bar going over things in his head that he wants to do me that night , and well this kitty wasn't giving this snake anything to chew on right now.

The bar as expected was heaving and I got to work serving the most unpolite first knowing I could shot them down after many years of using my resting bitch face to perfection whenever anyone crossed a line. I was a person and I made sure they knew it and sometimes a sharp tongue needed to be used to get the point across.

But the festival kicked off before the bar was shut and the customers moved like the tide along the beach to the festival taking place at the base of the pier , and it gave me time to clear up and sort out the other barmaids and pay them and send them on their merry way.