Reyna

No one ever said there was much to do in Mansfield, Ohio. The Ghost Adventures Crew knew that all too well as they tried to find ways to past time before their lockdown the next night. The interview for the night had to cancel and it seemed most of Ohio was asleep just when they started to wake up.

Well, until Aaron overheard a conversation that would change their lives forever. "Dude! Dude!" He said running back to their table at the diner. "You'll never guess what I just heard." He said excited. Zak sighed. "You were in the bathroom, so I really don't wanna know." "For real, bro." Nick seconded laughing. Aaron scoffed still excited.

"Not even if it has to do with magic?!" He asked excited. Now he had their attention. "What magic? Where?" Zak was always intrigued by the unexplainable'. "I heard two guys talking. They said there's a gypsy camp just outside town. Apparently, there's a fortune teller that scared the shit outta them." His eyes shown as he spoke of the scared men.

Zak and Nick looked at each other skeptically. Aarons adventures usually ended up bust, but what else did they have to do? "Alright, we'll go see if we can find them." Zak said making Aaron whoop with excitement. Grabbing their check and cashing out they made their way to the black SUV they rented this trip.

"Man, this will make a great Aaron's Vlog." Aaron said happily checking his handheld camera for battery. "Hey! Make sure you get permission for that! I'm not ending up like slender man for your vlog." Nick yelled jokingly. "Oh, good call, bro." Aaron said taking it seriously. Zak and Nick shook their heads and let him be.

Luck seemed to be on their side as not five minutes after driving out of Mansfield city limit, they saw a strange circle of light a mile or so off the main road. "Wow, ok so this might be a real thing." Nick said surprised to have found anything. "I told you." Aaron said smugly. Zak watched in awe as they got closer to the lights and the vision became clearer.

There stood a gypsy circle. Like what you would imagine out of a book. They got out of the car, parking a good distance for respect. Walking up slowly they caught the attention of a few children and adults. "Can we help you, travelers?" Came a heavily accented voice. They looked over to see an older woman smoking a pipe, she hadn't looked at them.

"Ummm..." the guys looked at each other worried what they had walked in on. "She asked you a question." A man maybe a few years younger than them stated not unkindly. "I'm sorry. We mean no disrespect. We're in Mansfield to investigate the prison and heard about your...camp?" Zak questioned, not sure if that was the correct term.

The older woman looked at them. Zak's breath was taken from his body at her glance. He couldn't explain, but he could feel her looking into their souls. Just as quick as the feeling was there it was gone. "Take them to Reyna." She said dismissing them. "Of course, mamma." The man said not questioning her words.

"Follow me." He said walking deeper into the city of vans. Not knowing what to expect they followed slowly behind the man. "Dude, I'm feelin' weird." Nick said quietly to the others. Zak nodded deciding to ask more. "Um, excuse me..." he realized he hadn't heard a name from anyone yet.

"Valor." The man said not turning or stopping his walk. "Where are you taking us?" Zak asked just as they stopped next to a stunning caravan and table.

 "Where are you taking us?" Zak asked just as they stopped next to a stunning caravan and table

"Wow." The guys said together as they took in the sight. "I've taken you where my grandmother instructed." He said lightly with a hint of laughter. "Reyna!" He called raising his voice slightly to carry inside.

"What's the hurry, Val?" Came a feminine voice from inside. Zak couldn't speak at the vision that left the van. She was everything he saw as magical.

 She was everything he saw as magical

"Mamma, sends you visitors." He said waving grandiosely. She giggled, the sound like bells. "So I see. Hello, fellow travelers." She said raising a jeweled hand to greet Aaron and then Nick. Then she turned to him and seemed to pause.

Her head turned sideways as she seemed to consider him. "Well, you've had quite the brush with darkness recently."  She raised her hand, but this time she placed her hand on his arm at the edge of his shirt sleeve. Her eyes closed but she seemed to be seeing something as she muttered lowly. "Rey?" Her brother asked concerned as she couldn't seem to stop.

She suddenly gasped and drew her hand back. "What evil you have asked for, Mr. Bagans." She said wearily.

————————————————————-

Reyna turned from the group heading back into her home for her tea kettle. Her brother had taken a seat at her table but the others stood still. "Come. Sit. We have much to talk about." She welcomed them to her circle.

She knew they could all feel the difference as they passed onto 'her' ground as they moved closer. "What just happened?" The thin one, Nick, she thought asked. "Nick, was it?" Now they seemed scared. The one with the lightest energy finally spoke. "Do you know us from our show?" He asked carefully.

She laughed slightly as she poured the cups. "No." She said shaking her head softly and waving her hand behind her. "Not exactly cable or even electric around here usually." She said kindly. "Then how..." Zak started to ask. "Please sit." She said interrupting his question.

When they were securely sat, she finally answered. "Gentlemen, my name is Reyna. As men who chase the truth and seek to see the other side it should be easy for you to believe I myself am a Seer." She winked when she said that.

They sat shocked for a moment before they seemed to be overcome with questions. She let them go for a few moments before raising her hand to quiet them before answering those she had heard. "Yes, Aaron I do know your name as well. You can try to film, but I'm not sure the quality will be well. Nick, no I'm not psychic." She took another sip of tea before explaining.

"A psychic, claims to know the future. Only God knows the future." She clarified. "What I see is the current path if continued. All humans have free will. Never think of the future as set, only the past is known for sure." They seemed to reflect on that for a moment before Zak spoke.

"What did you see when you touched me?" He asked bravely. She smiled knowing he felt fear of her answer but asked anyway. "I saw a glimpse of what you've done to anger the other side." She shook her head ruefully. "You antagonize the dead." He went to speak but stopped.

"Yes, they tell me. You've also helped many to cross however." She said in a happier tone. "You were recently attached to." She stated. He nodded having no words. "Yes, be careful tomorrow. A soul doesn't have to be demonic to take a piece from you." She warned. "Bro." Aaron said reverently breaking the staring she hadn't realized they held.

"Can we keep her?" He continued making everyone laugh.

——————————————————————
*Authors Note*
I couldn't get this idea out of my head after a ghost adventures marathon. Any interest?

*11/11/21 - I'm back and hope to get a few chapters out before the words leave me again. *