ch6: a day off~

"You know what we should do today?" Venti asks. The bard is lightly strumming his lyre and tapping his food on the wooden floor of the tavern. "What?" asks Xiao who is laying down on top of the table. "You better not take me to another 4 hour long wine tasting event. Getting drunk before noon is never fun."

"Oh please, that was pretty fun. Don't lie."

"No it wasn't-"

"Yes, it was. Now come on, follow me!" Venti grinned and grabbed the adepti's hand. Xiao tried to ignore his speeding heart rate and his warming cheeks. He tried to keep up with the archon but it was nearly impossible to focus on anything when he was with Venti.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The pair had been running for miles and eventually Xiao asked, "Where could we be going that's this far away from Liyue?"

"Just a little farther," Venti replied with a wink.

"Ugh. I'm getting so tired..can we just stop here?" Venti chuckled under his breath. "No, and stop being so annoying. We're almost there."

"Tsk. Fine, but this better be worth it."

"Oh trust me, it is." Venti said with a soft smile

"And we're here!" Venti said with a triumphant smirk. "How do you like it?"

"Wow..." Xiao mumbled under his breath. He had never seen a view like this before. They were ontop of a hill in Monstadt looking down at the city. There were so many people walking and laughing and enjoying the slight breeze. Xiao was so mesmerized by the view he didn't even realize Venti was staring at him. I can't believe anyone could look so beautiful...

"Isn't this amazing Venti?" Xiao had caught the bard offguard and he didn't know how to respond. "Errr yeah, it is. Why do you think I picked it?"

"Yeah, you have great taste. It's absolutely amazing." Xiao flipped back around to face the city. He was wearing a faint smile that he hadn't worn in so long he nearly forgot how to do it. For the first time, Xiao was happy and Venti was too. He was so happy to see the person he cared about so much finally smile.