ch13: a small journey

Early in the morning, Xiao is stumbling through the grassy fields of Windrise. "Mondstat is so close...but yet so far..."

The adepti used most of his speed to pass through the camps of angry hilichurls throughout the paths in Liyue, and had an unfortunate encounter with a large beast referred to as a Geovishap. He checks his small basket for the lyre, the photos, and some dandelion wine that he bought from a man named "Pallad" who was recklessly getting into trouble with some pyro slimes along the paths of his journey.

Venti...I'm here...

Xiao steps up to the front gates of Mondstat, scaring away some pigeons and then being screamed at by a toddler named Timmie.

"Hello, I'm a friend of Venti the bard's..."

The guards positioned at the gate pause and exchange glances. "Mysterious lookin', don'cha think.." one says to the other.

"I can hear you... " says Xiao glumly.

Venti is friends with everyone, so Xiao sees why his alias might fail. But the guards look at each other one more time before saying,

"Enjoy your visit." 

----------------------------------------------------------

Xiao nods to the guards and then begins to walk through the town, seeing all the friendly faces of people waving and chatting with each other. A lot of people stared at him, as he was dressed very differently from the rest of them, and he had the look of a mass murderer which made some children burst into tears...but Xiao continued to walk until he found the Angel's Share tavern, Venti's favorite place.

Xiao opens the door to see a small green figure lying on the floor next to a table covered in empty bottles.

Jeez, seems like Mondstadt has no drinking restrictions here--there are over 10 bottles...
Xiao pulls out the lyre quietly, so he doesn't disturb the bard's slumber. Xiao smiles to himself...
He looks so cute sleeping...

Xiao slowly starts to strum the lyre, and then tries to sing softly along with the melody. He always thought his voice was weirdly scratchy sounding, but for once he's enjoying it, and continues to sing.

The bard opens his eyes slowly, and then jumps up when he realizes who was playing the music. He runs over and hugs Xiao, knocking the lyre away, and they sit there and embrace until the sun comes up and the day has begun.

Xiao takes a deep breath."Hey...uh...Venti?...I think I love you..."

"Can you read minds? I was thinking the same thing!" Venti smiles, and plants a small kiss on Xiao's cheek. Xiao's face turns bright red, and Venti laughs.

"Ehe, you look so cute!"

"Ahh..uh...you look cuter..."

Xiao nervously giggles, but instantly is silenced as Venti kisses him again.