09.

H U R T !
H U R T !
H U R T !

baby im yours

and i'll be yours ❞

and i'll be yours

NADIA'S HAND WAS in clay's, their fingers interlaced. a smile was on either of their faces. they walked into the store, with nadia wanting to go to the cd section first. clay didn't let go of her hand, pulling her towards the food with a small laugh. she gave him a glare, though it didn't last.

after getting some groceries, they split up. she was looking at the cd's, while clay was looking at the electronics. as she was reaching out to grab fine line, a hand wrapped around her wrist. thinking it was clay, she turned around with a smile.

as she did, the grip on her tightened. her face immediately fell.

"axel..." instead of getting a response, the man in front of her gave her a smirk. he was at the advantage as it was nearly store closing time so not many people were around.

"where's your little boyfriend?" he wasted no time with trying to get closer. nadia was backed into the shelves holding the cd's. panic started to set in as she realized she didn't have anywhere to go. "you alone, nadia?"

"axel, please stop." her voice wavered a bit. "i'm done with you, leave me alone." she tried not to raise her tone any, as it would only draw attention to them and make him more angry.

"come on, lets catch up." he let her go. seeing no other option, she followed him. he walked out of the aisle, checking to make sure she was there. as his head turned back, nadia made a decision.

she made her way to the electronics section, practically running. she was praying clay was still there. as she rounded a corner she just about ran into the exact person she was looking for. the moment his eyes fell on her, he smiled. that quickly changed as he saw the panic. his eyebrows knit together in worry.

"nads, what's-"

"oh, so he's right here." nadia looked away, not wanting to look either of them in the eye. "thought you could get away, hm?" at the sight of axel, clay reached for her hand and clenched his jaw.

"i thought we wouldn't see you again." he stated simply. he knew nadia was nervous. she squeezed his hand, and as she did, he looked down. there was a red mark on her wrist. it was clear axel had grabbed her.

axel decided in that moment to get closer. it was almost laughable to see the height difference between the two men. they both were waiting for the other to make a move. it was only when nadia put her hand on clays shoulder that he broke eye contact. she whispered something along the lines of "lets just go". giving axel a glance dripping with anger, they walked past.

"nads, we should call the-"

"clay, please. not right now." they payed for everything, clay keeping an eye out for the man he wanted to punch so badly. in the car, they sat in silence.

"you know i would've-"

"i know. i just didn't want anything to happen."

"did he.... your wrist... and the other bruises... where those all him?" it hurt him to even think that for those few months that he was gone, that was happening to her. some part of him blamed himself. if he hadn't pushed her away, she wouldn't have gone to axel. as he thought about it more, it consumed him.

"yeah." she answered. for a reason clay didn't understand, there was guilt in her voice. he rested his hand on her thigh, other hand on the wheel. nadia turned the volume up as her favorite song began to play. she hummed it softly.

they got home surprisingly fast. it was weird to nadia. calling it her home. she'd been staying there for a few weeks now. in some way, she knew it wasn't the house itself. clay was her home. he always had been.

"do you wanna talk about it?" he asked as he sat down next to her. she was laying in his bed, staring at the ceiling.

"not really. maybe later?"

"of course."

"sorry if it felt like i was defending him... i wasn't! i just didn't want anything to happen that you would regret." she said. it was like she had read his mind.

"i know. i know, nadia." he laid down next to her, letting nadia rest her head on his chest. he turned the tv on. they picked a movie to watch. she smiled as it started. despite the movie playing in front of them, clay couldn't take his eyes off of the girl beside him. words where on the tip of his tongue. three little words.

it was far too soon. they weren't even officially dating again. and yet, he found himself imagining things, wanting things. he wanted to tell his fans about her, who she actually was to him.

he couldn't help but let his mind wander. he had never laid a hand on nadia but somehow he felt like he had hurt her worse than axel ever had. maybe that's not how nadia felt but it was just laying out the facts. he pushed it from his mind, not wanting to spiral.

before the movie had even ended, they were both asleep. clays arm was around her waist, blankets covering them despite how warm it was outside. patches was curled up next to nadia. this is what clay wanted. for them to be together, happy, and safe.

until the stars fall

❝ until the stars fall

from the sky

authors note
hi !! wOah two updates
in one month??? anyways
i hope this isn't too cheesy
and making nadia out to
be a damsel in distress!
remember that axel is an
ab*s*r and so nadia
wouldnt suddenly be not
afraid of him.

stay hydrated and remember
that i love you!