08.

K I S S !
K I S S !
K I S S !

when he loves me

i feel like i'm floating ❞

THAT NIGHT, AFTER they got back home, it felt like all of clays worries lifted off of his chest. all except for one, that is.

"i was thinking we could do it this weekend?" he said as he unlocked the front door. he immediately kicked off his shoes and flopped onto the couch.

"sounds great." nadia smiled. she slid clay's jacket off of her shoulders, setting it down on the armrest of the couch. she then sat down at the edge on the armrest next to his head. he looked up at her, which proved to be difficult because of the angle. "you really don't have to if it could backfire..."

"no, it's alright."

nadia nodded, and looked down at her lap causing her hair to fall into her face. clay sat up, and slowly reached out a hand to push her hair behind her ear. at his soft touch, her cheeks heated up. his hand then traveled down to hers, her rings cold. she interlaced their fingers.

"thank you, nadia."

"for what?"

"forgiving me. and i promise to you this time will be the last. i'll do all i can to make sure i never hurt you again." his gaze was trained on her.

"i don't... i don't want you to be walking on eggshells around me." she stopped, locking eyes with him. "you're human, something's bound to happen sometime."

"i know, but i really am going to try my hardest to be here for you and let you take as much time as you need." clay meant every word he said, not a doubt in his mind. they didn't break eye contact, his beautiful green eyes searching hers for a sign.

"this sounds like relationship stuff..." nadia trailed off, her voice unsure as she finally broke his gaze. she didn't want anything more than to be able to take that step, but she was still worried about moving too fast, that he wouldn't be ready.

"hey, i haven't asked that question yet!" he laughed. just the sound made things seem normal. like old times.

"shut up, idiot." despite her words, she blushed. they had talked it out, and clearly said what they both were and weren't comfortable with. neither wanted to admit it, but this really did feel like the time they would work out.

two days later, and the pair were sat in front of clay's desk. both of their hearts were on the brink of leaping out of their chests.

clay's hand found it's way to nadia's knee, squeezing it in reassurance. he reached over, and clicked the 'go live' button. she readjusted her hair and the headphones, despite knowing no one would see her.