Do You Wanna Feel a Little Beautiful?

Tobi rang the doorbell of Emilio's house and waited, fidgeting nervously. The two of them had gone on several more dates since getting ice cream with Vanessa, but hadn't found time to go to the historical town Tobi had mentioned until now.

Emilio walked out and closed the door behind him.

"Ready?" Tobi asked.

Emilio nodded, entwining his pinkie with Tobi's. "Is it far from here?" he asked, climbing into the passenger seat of Tobi's car.

"No. It's only half an hour's drive from here," Tobi replied.

During the drive, they made light conversation, talking about trivial things.

Tobi was surprised at how fast he had let his guard down. It almost alarmed him, but realizing he felt happier now than he had in years, he pushed his doubts away. He glanced over at Emilio who was looking out the window, and his heart fluttered.

"Is there a plan for today?" Emilio asked, turning his gaze from the landscape to Tobi.

Tobi shrugged. "There's a café I thought we could eat at. Otherwise, I didn't plan anything."

"That's fine, then. We'll decide what to do when we get there." Emilio turned back to the window, but kept his gaze on Tobi.

Tobi turned his attention to the road again, feeling Emilio's gaze boring into him. It made him nervous that he couldn't tell what Emilio was thinking. "Like what you see?" Tobi joked awkwardly. Why the hell did I say that?

Emilio let out a small laugh. "Yes," he assured.

Tobi blushed and fixed his eyes on the road ahead of him.

By the time they parked in the historical town, Tobi was itching to get out of the car.

"Where's the café you mentioned?" Emilio asked.

"I'm not sure," Tobi said, looking around. "I've never been here before."

"We'll look for it while we walk," Emilio stated, grabbing Tobi's hand and pulling him along.

Tobi basked in the comfortable setting; the pleasantly warm air, the slight breeze, the feeling of Emilio's hand in his. As he scanned the buildings for the café, Tobi saw an antique shop. His eyes lingered. Emilio noticed.

"Would you like to go in?" he asked.

Tobi turned to him, looking slightly surprised. "Is that alright?"

"Of course."

They crossed the street and entered the dim shop. Tobi browsed the shelved of miscellaneous objects with Emilio following close behind.

Emilio nearly crashed into Tobi's back when he stopped abruptly. Emilio moved to stand next to him so he could see what Tobi was looking at. On the shelf in front of them sat three antique porcelain dolls.

"They're pretty, aren't they?" Tobi said quietly. He gave a small smile. "I always wanted one as a child."

"Why did you never get one?" Emilio asked curiously.

"No reason. It's fine," Tobi mumbled dismissively. He moved past Emilio and continued deeper into the store.

Emilio's heart ached. It seemed to him that Tobi didn't get to have a childhood. He certainly didn't like talking about it, dismissing all of Emilio's attempts to bring it up in a manner.

Emilio studied the dolls, wondering which one Tobi would like best. He decided on the one in the middle that shared Tobi's ebony hair color.

"Emilio, where are you?" Tobi called from the front of the store. "Are you ready to go?"